Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Photoshop & Noise Removal

  1. #1
    Member Stogey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    561

    Default Photoshop & Noise Removal

    In the interest to not hijack a post of some critters (See beaver thread).

    Tull mentioned he has had success removing noise from photo's shot at a high ISO using Photoshop.

    Would ya be so kind as to help those of less fortunate?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member tull777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    825

    Default Noise

    Quote Originally Posted by Stogey View Post
    In the interest to not hijack a post of some critters (See beaver thread).

    Tull mentioned he has had success removing noise from photo's shot at a high ISO using Photoshop.

    Would ya be so kind as to help those of less fortunate?

    Thanks!
    Howdy Stogey!
    Sorry for the delay in my response. I have just recently started using adobe cs3 and it has tools for this purpose. Not sure how it compares to other noise removal options. Up to now I have not used any software to remove noise proving that I am no expert by any means.

    I am just now learning how to make the proper adjustments to remove some noise. From what I gather removing noise can also affect the sharpness of the image(?).

    In the beaver thread "Sierra" mentions "Noise Ninja", I have had other people say that it is the way to go to clean things up. If you do try it out please let me know how it works. Might be better than what I am using.

    Hope this helps.
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

    http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/


    "If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

  3. #3

    Default

    I had the same problem, but I'm not sure how I have solved the problem.

  4. #4
    Member Stogey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    AK
    Posts
    561

    Default CS3

    Nuts... another plug for CS3... I have CS2... happy with it... I just know that CS3 is going to not only require the $$ for the upgrade... but it's going to push me to a new computer... ugh.

    Thanks for the post! Much obliged.

  5. #5
    Member tull777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Posts
    825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stogey View Post
    Nuts... another plug for CS3... I have CS2... happy with it... I just know that CS3 is going to not only require the $$ for the upgrade... but it's going to push me to a new computer... ugh.

    Thanks for the post! Much obliged.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasz View Post
    I had the same problem, but I'm not sure how I have solved the problem.
    If you check out the "Beaver"(link below) thread you will get a fair idea what can be achieved by using a noise removal tool on an image with lots of high ISO noise. I did some tweaking of the beaver photo and it turned out some what OK. "Noise Ninja" just may get you better results for less $$$. Not sure though.

    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=31722

    Good luck!
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

    http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/


    "If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •