Thread: ship creek

Default ship creek

how has the fishing been up there? what are they biting on? im from washington and i just graduated and im coming up to fish for a week and i dont know what to use.

Default S L O W

very slow. Have heard them caught on spinners, yarn, and eggs. I netted a little one for a guy last night - saw 3 more roll - end of story.

Soon I think - the dirby started this morning at 6 - probably a bit busy down there right now.

Default what to use

at low tide flog the rocks in the middle of the run with a short piece of yarn tide to a 5/0 gammie with a small bead above it - use split shot about 3-5 foot above the hook

higher water use spinners of whatever flavor you like or drown some bait with a bobber or a bounce the bottom with it.

Looks like the derby people have managed to tag 2 fish and theres 4 fish on the derby board so maybe things are picking up slightly, either way Ill be down there for a LONG day of fishing soon

It was a big tide this morning and it looked like there were a lot of cars there. Was watching from the office, so I couldn't tell how the fishing was.

Quote Originally Posted by cmo1977 View Post
    It was a big tide this morning and it looked like there were a lot of cars there. Was watching from the office, so I couldn't tell how the fishing was.
    Time to set up a spotting scope in your office.

There should be a webcam facing downstream on the bridge.... that would be sooo helpful and fun to watch

Default FishCam...what a great idea!

Maybe the good fishing folks from the ADN could set something up...

I hope Mr. Lavrakas happens to see this thread

Default I will pass it on...

The Daily News tried setting up a web cam at The Bridge restaurant last year and were starting to work out an arrangement with the restaurant owner and then other things got in the way of completing that project.

Now, lacking a secure building with an electrical and internet source to draw upon, I doubt my bosses would be inclined to set it up.

I'll pass on the interest to them though...jim

Did the bridge get shut down? 0.0 thanks anyways though

Is that restaurant still open? Been two years since I was there last almost and the food was good.

I saw a sign on the wall that said "Bridge Restaurant closed until further notice". don't know what that is about though.

Default The Bridge Restaurant

The restaurant is closed and the building is up for sale. Got $2 million?

Wow that place seemed like a great buisness opportunity... guess it couldnt hold out with support from summer tourists

as far as the 2 million ........ leme go check under the couch

That sucks. I enjoyed going there. And now that Wings 'N Things are closed, I guess there is really no need to go to Anchorage anymore.

Saw 3 nice one's pulled out right before 11 o'clock on Friday. Nothing on Saturday and 2 on Sunday as the tide was going out. Most caught on roe and did see 1 caught on Vibrax.