Thread: great day fishing and dipping

Default great day fishing and dipping

headed out wednesday evening to try to find the hooligan and do a little king fishing. well after having problems with the fuel line not fitting to the tank(bigger connection)and able to wrap the points on the 6gal fuel tank with electrical tape to make the connection snug we headed out down the big su in search of the massive hooligan run. As we hit the last island on the left before you hit the deshka turn off of the big su you could see the black line along the shore. Well it only took us 2 to fill 2 120qt coolers full of hooligan in less than 45min(shrimp bait time),the funny thing was i bought some nets thinking the holes were small enough to dip hooligan but that wasent the case they were falling out of the net just as quick as they were falling into the cooler lol.

Well after filling the coolers full and adding 400-500lbs. to the boat we went around the corner to the mouth of the deshka to try our luck even though we heard it was still a little slow. We anchored up in front of mike and merts and began our try of luck with orange wiggle warts. As i looked around i counted 12 boats with in sight of us, after 30 minutes of tossing the lure i see my buddy set the hook and bam he's got a chromey king on. Now the next thing that went through my mind after seeing the size of this fish is o sh*t the only net I have is the small ***** hooligan net and i said to myself well we will either land it or it's gonna break the net and get away. Well after a 10min. fight and 5 30yrd runs the dang king finally tired and came to the boat which is what i had hoped for after seeing the net i was getting ready to net her with. My buddy brought her right up to the boat and I could see the wiggle wart just hang on to the mouth by a piece of skin and went o crap it's now or never so I put the net in the water and scooped her in the net and the dang tail was sticking out of the net by 12 inches lol but I through her in the boat and it didn't ever put up a fight not even a flop when it landed in the boat. All in all a great day of dipping and fishing even though I didn't land one. I will post pics

A few more

Default nice king and hoolies

thats a good lookin hen i bet she smokes up nice

Sounds like a great day on the water, congrats man

Nice... will take longer to clean than it did to catch... people always ask me " you got any extra fish I'd like some" well buddy here you go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Good Times

Glad to hear you had fun!! If you had took the correct net the story wouldn't of been as entertaining or memorable!!

Default hooligan 'bait'

From your pictures I can see why you got netted so many fish, they saw the MGD case. Did you accidently happen to spill some in the river?

Default Congrats

Looks like you guys had tons of fun and the best part is you came out with a nice King as well. I'm hoping I can get out there soon to try my luck.

We had a blast and plan on going back down for kings when it picks up. I'm glad I messed up on the size of net we are all ready kicking ourself in the nuts for getting so much, But i'm sure if we had the right nets we could have got the same amout in less than 30min. My buddy's heading out to whittier tonight to try the new fresh bait out in the pots so we will see how well it works

That rocks thanks for sharing.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default Right on

Right on you are livin the alaska dream. I wanta be you maybe I can :] for real

22' SeaSport coho
    TigerBight call sign

I've been livin the dream since i was 2 and love every minute of it I was born up here and was very fortunate to have a father that fished all the time. I hate it when i'm in town in the summer on the weekends but it's cheaper in the long run for me to pay for gas in my buddy's boats rather than pay for my own. When the kings are in deshka we do runs after we get off work although we don't get home til after midnight it's still a blast being out on the river.