Thread: Minto Flats/Chatanika River/15 Mile RD

Default Minto Flats/Chatanika River/15 Mile RD

Traveled the 15 mile RD (14 Mile) at the end of Murphy Dome RD on 6/4/08. I wanted to travel the road to check condition. No problem getting to within a 1/2 mile of the boat launch (upper) with a 2 wheel drive truck. Any further and you need 4x4. I was thinking about pulling my boat down there. I don't think I will, it is just to rough. Took about 2hrs going in and 1 1/2 coming out. I had two pike follow and strike lures but unable to finish the deal. I saw several grayling. I also notice a fish swimming with the graying that had a bright red stripe down the middle of both sides? I asume this is a colored up dolly but not sure.
    Just for info.

Default Sucker Fish

I also notice a fish swimming with the graying that had a bright red stripe down the middle of both sides? I asume this is a colored up dolly but not sure.
    Just for info.
    [/QUOTE]

It was probably a longnose sucker. You see hundreds of those in the Badger Slough. They get pretty big sometimes.
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Thanks for the post. I have been looking for that kind of info. I came up bust of doing Minto anyway but through the village. I was just looking to do it from another side. Anyone gone in from Manley?

I just looked up the long nose sucker and I bet that is what it was.

We launched from there last year to go into Minto. Easy drive until the very end when you hit that huge mudhole. Def. need 4x4. We broke the boat trailer coming out of there last year. Plan on doing that trip again late June.

out