Thread: New box

Default New box

Well, I broke down and bought a new plastic hard-sided box for the wheeler. Been fighting the zippers long enough. I was surprised it only came with 2 "square U" bolts to fasten it down with. I sure like the idea of no more broken zippers and wet gear!!
    EricL

Go buy a couple more for it. I've got a Cabelas box and it came with 4 u-bolts, washers and nuts. I can fight any 2 of my rifles inside and a lot of gear too. No need for that gunboot contraption anymore.

Or you could just buy a cheap plastic boc from Wal-Mart or Freds...I got one at Wally World called an SUV box...35W X 14H...it'll work. Best part is that is was only $22 and then just go to Home Depot and buy some 1" U-Bolts and some rubber gromets (sink repair section is the best place to look!) then get a rubber drain plug and a pad lock! All in all...under $40 to get a good sized plastic trunk on my rig...keeps 95% of the water out too!

I don't think I'm going to keep it on all time, but when you're hauling stuff up to clear creek its nice to have it dry when you get there.

I haven't even mounted mine yet. I did email Kolpin and they are sending me another hardware package to hold it down (free). I have looked at those boxes at the retailers several times. I do use a couple of them when I am using the meat trailer. They are very handy.
    EricL

Did you buy one with a seat integrated into it or just the box. I've been thinking about getting one with a seat on it so I can take the wife along fishing on some of the shorter smoother rides. Do you know much about them? Any recommendations...father's day is coming up and that would work!

Quote Originally Posted by HILL View Post
    Did you buy one with a seat integrated into it or just the box. I've been thinking about getting one with a seat on it so I can take the wife along fishing on some of the shorter smoother rides. Do you know much about them? Any recommendations...father's day is coming up and that would work!
    I didn't get the one with the seat. I don't ever have anyone on with me. I'm thinkin' of going down and buying some of that 1" foam to put in the bottom to keep the rattles under control.
    EricL

Just use an old blanket...you never know when it might come in handy and it will serve the same purpose as the foam. Stuff happens, keep a roll of duct tape with you too...when there is no dry firewood, a ball of that will burn for hours!

Quote Originally Posted by HILL View Post
    I know you said "smoother" rides, just want to remind you these machines flip over backwards twice as easy when carrying a rider, just something to keep in mind