Thread: extreme shallow

Default extreme shallow

looking for some other people who have one to talk about the noice problem and if they have tried to quiet thers down

Quote Originally Posted by AkRascal View Post
    thank you for the great advice i think im going to do my cowling for the summer and do the rest this winter. Iwas also thinking about taking out my curtains for my oil compartment and battery compartment and cutting a peace of aluminum and matting the back and hinging it what do you think of that

I've been looking at doing something back there but haven't figured out what as yet. I did cover the inside of both of those with the paint. The problem with all of this stuff is that one never really knows which little piece of it works. I do know that our boat has gotten more comfortable to be in. Don't know if I mentioned it before but I did put weather striping all along the closing edge of the dog box. If you make the aluminum covers let us know the results pls.

If you make the aluminum covers let us know the results pls.
    you mean these?...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Nicely done indeed, did it help with the noise? are they insulated on the back side?

Nicely done indeed, did it help with the noise? are they insulated on the back side?
    yes it helped, no insulation, just weatherstripping...

Hands down the #1 thing you can do is seal up all the spaces....I wouldn't even waste time on the dog house until I did that....It is the easiest of all the things you can do and in my experience yields the majority of the sound deadening...10% of the work and 90% of the benefit...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....