Thread: Wanted: Canoe Trailer

Question Wanted: Canoe Trailer

Wanted Canoe trailer

Jeff 490-0307
    North Pole
    Alaska

Default canoe trailer....

Like Jeff, I am also interested in a canoe trailer to haul my 19'er. Am considering building a canoe rack for my sno-go trailer, rather than buying a separate trailer. Any suggestions?

I like hauling my !9'er on top of my pickup as long as my hunting pard is along, but, alone, it's a time consuming pain in the keyster to load - unload.

I too am looking for a boat trailer, for 19 ft Grumman. Thanks, Ken
    NRA Lifetime Member

Try HarborFreight.com, I had one of their kit trailers for my 18' square ended river canoe that worked great.

TL

The little Fred Myer trailers might work well (same as Harbor Freight I think). I made my own from an old derilict boat trailer. It holds 6 canoes.
    Stripped off the boat bunks & put flat crossmembers down. Made a plywoof floor with 2x10s for uprights on the sides to form a bottom/gear box. Put two "trees" on top of that that bolt to the frame. Works slick & was cheap since I picked up the trailer for nothing.
    Used all new steel (square & rectangular tubing) for the trees, angle for braces & mounting clamps, & had about $150 in materials.
    Pool noodles work good to put on the cross pieces for padding for the boats. Last a LOT longer than pipe insulation.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."