Thread: Zodiac with jet help

Default Zodiac with jet help

I have a 15.5' Zod with a 40 HP Jet and I just can't seem to get the height of the jet right. I keep sucking air unless I set the foot about an inch or more below the bottom of the boat. It seems like there is a lot of turbulence coming from under the boat. Now with the jet set so low, it doesn't suck air unless i'm in a turn, but now I get a lot of spray from the foot. Got any hints or ideas?
    Rob

I hear your pain, I too have faught with inflatables and jets. I'm guessing its a soft bottom/inflatable keel type. My experiance is that the keel isn't rigid enough to keep kleen water for the jet, some people i'v heard will run the jet in the position you have (1 inch low) and run a splash sheild around the jet made of aluminum attached to the transom . or maybe you could install some sort of reinfocement below the inflatable keel to firm up the hull. Aparently the wood keel type work quite well. Good luck!

Default Jet Ranger

Buy a Jet Ranger from Alaska Series Inflatable Boats. It is designed for a 25merc Jet and runs AWESOME!!!

Default Jet Ranger?

What is a jet ranger?

And yes I do have an inflatable keel. Tonight I'm going to try and place soem foam inder the back floor panel where the end of the keel is. Honestly, it just doesn't seem to fill that pocket up like it should. The keel gets real small there. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advice.

Rob