Thread: Have you heard the rumor?

Default Have you heard the rumor?

The rumor is a 400#+ halibut was caught in late May with a derby ticket in Homer and now nobody is buying tickets since they don't think they will win. Any truth to this?
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

If it was true it would be on their website so I say nay

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    The rumor is a 400#+ halibut was caught in late May with a derby ticket in Homer and now nobody is buying tickets since they don't think they will win. Any truth to this?
    Can't be. The monthly winner for May was something in the range of 160#.

there was one caught that weighed 300 lbs no ticket.....another story sqwashed just like the last two....flossing is fishing and Tom Cruise is my twin brother.......
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

WOO WOO
    Quote Originally Posted by boneyardbaits View Post
    flossing is fishing and Tom Cruise is my twin brother.......

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    I don't doubt it. I also heard from my ex-brother-in-laws suragote mothers neighbors barber, that there was a 100#+ King lined out of the Fishing Hole on the Spit. Looks like a record year shaping up in Homer.

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    I don't doubt it. I also heard from my ex-brother-in-laws suragote mothers neighbors barber, that there was a 100#+ King lined out of the Fishing Hole on the Spit. Looks like a record year shaping up in Homer.
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.