Thread: attn. alaska

Default attn. alaska

i was referred to this site by high5 from monstermuleys so if you're around thanks...

i'll make this short and sweet. my name is bob dykeman, i'm from arizona and 23 years old. i have commercially fished in cook inlet for 2 years and am leaving next week for my 3rd. i packed moose in 2006 for master guide up near denali. i would like to pack again for someone this september (other guide already has someone lined up). if you or anyone you know is looking for a packer let me know. i'll be moving up there this year as well and would be interested in any other work available. i can give you the names of the guide and boat captain as references upon request. hope that i am not out of line posting this here. you can email me or PM so we can talk more.

thanks in advance
    bob dykeman
    bobbydm1@hotmail.com

Default bump to the top for one of the tougher jobs around

Good luck finding a job, packed for alaska trophy hunts and majestic mountain outfitters for a season, to be young and foolish again!! Surely someone needs a packer.

BUMP!
    Thanks for the acknowledgement.....but it wasn't necessary. I hope you've had offers.
    Good luck to you!

thanks gobblin and high. i'm leaving friday so i'm running out of time. i'll still have internet access every few weeks throughout the summer so if anyone is still looking i am still available. thanks again to all that have looked.

bob dykeman

What do you charge to pack a sheep out of the mountains?? I might need one this fall!! Seriously though, good luck on finding an outfit to pack for, i'm sure someone out there could use a good packer.

all i charge is a few good meals and maybe a 12er as a tip!!! in all seriousness let me know, i would love to tag along on a sheep hunt and carry camp or whatever else. i plan on hunting sheep fall of 09 so the more expierience i can get the better.

all i really want is to get up in those mountains! if an outfitter would pay me to do it, that would be great. if someone is looking for someone to help carry camp and pack out an animal all i would request if food, water and ride out there.

Default alway welcome to come along

I've drew a sheep tag for carpenter creek in August and a goat tag for bird creek in September. I could use some company if you don't find any work.

As it stands right now, I'll be doing a solo hunt so the additional eyes and back would be helpful. I've got your 12er and a nice tip covered.....

If interested, shoot me an email or PM me.

Doug

Bob,

Looking forward to your getting here. Had no idea yhou were thinking about coming up full time. I'll put out some feelers myself and get back to ya. It looks like I'll have a couple guide gigs this fall so I'll ask and see if anyone needs help. The guide I worked for this spring may well need help. I'll talk to you when you get here.

Phil in Anchorage

sent ya a pm goody, thanks