Thread: FREE Brown Bears

Smile FREE Brown Bears

They are in need of another bait station they have ate mine. Please repy and bring your drag bag so you can leave a scent trail from my bait to yours I'll be happy to let you feed them they don't eat much but they do like syrup sweetened logs and dog food and.... well everything you leave at your bait site One can claw the tree at about the 10 ft mark standing flat footed he is also free just bring a leash and he can go with you too, I'm looking for his smaller black colored cousin so if you've seen him send him back to my bait please, we'll just make an even trade P.S. I'm in Kasilof and the Brown Bears are willing to travel!

f4p I've given up this year. I've had at least 10 different brown bears photographed on my bait since May 12th. They've destroyed 3 bait barrels and torn down and bent up my metal tree stand 3 times. I've had to yell at one to keep him away from my stand when I was in it. Luckily he backed off.

This is one of the funniest threads so far! I am sorry to hear both of you are having so much trouble with brown bears this year and wish you the best of luck!

Heck you guys are doing it all wrong !!!!
    You do not need any bait barrels,tree stands , you just need to have the TV remote handy ..
    All I have to do is get up out of the recliner to see what my chihuahua is barking at ,open up the slider door and yell at the black bears to get out of the back of my truck ........
    Blasted bears are scratching up the paint on the truck !!!!!!!!!!!!

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

haven't seen many black bears, but i did see a few equal opportunity bears last week...
    Last edited by BRWNBR; 06-04-2008 at 09:12. Reason: politcal correctness
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default It runs in the family

My daughter and me sat lastnight till midnight, when your bears cousin came to visit. Im near DOT Lake and have done everything right, just sweet and no meat. Needless to say Mr. Grizz decided to come to call. The only thing good about the deal is it was her first grizz encounter. A face to face in the stand at about 10 yards really got her BP up to say the least. Her Bow in hand oddly enough didnt provide much comfort. Neither did my 12 guage. I feel your pain.

Default UMH

I'll take 2, IF you deliver. A blonde and a Cinnamon,"PLEASE". I said please so you gotta do it. Just let me know when your ready to deliver, I'll have my camera ready.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Talking I'll sweeten the deal!

A friend in Soldotna said he'd even throw in the Brown Bears at his site FREE too!!! I'm just amazed been baiting my spot for 4 years 2 years ago you could watch 4-6 different black bears a night at my stand and would have to shoo them off so you could leave at night, then last year the Brown Bear INFESTATION happened and I haven't had any black bears stick around long enough to even get a picture of. Only dog food and syrup and some honey on site.
    Just had a friend in Sterling call while I was typing this he said he walked into his bait at 10 am and spooked a Brownie off his bait he said he'd give up his brown bear for the cause also.
    One good thing I've learned this year is that a brown bear CANNOT crush a beer keg, the one at my bait must have been jumping out of a tree on mine it was smashed into the dirt and only has dirty foot prints and tongue prints but the keg is still in perfect shape

Default OK

Quote Originally Posted by fishingis4play View Post
    A friend in Soldotna said he'd even throw in the Brown Bears at his site FREE too!!! I'm just amazed been baiting my spot for 4 years 2 years ago you could watch 4-6 different black bears a night at my stand and would have to shoo them off so you could leave at night, then last year the Brown Bear INFESTATION happened and I haven't had any black bears stick around long enough to even get a picture of. Only dog food and syrup and some honey on site.
    Just had a friend in Sterling call while I was typing this he said he walked into his bait at 10 am and spooked a Brownie off his bait he said he'd give up his brown bear for the cause also.
    One good thing I've learned this year is that a brown bear CANNOT crush a beer keg, the one at my bait must have been jumping out of a tree on mine it was smashed into the dirt and only has dirty foot prints and tongue prints but the keg is still in perfect shape
    I'll take all three, just PM for the address to deliver them to; And thanks for your kindness.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Default brownies

I too had to give up on my site this year I had at least 4 different browns on my bait the big one camped out and after rebaiting several times having him walk in on me 3 times and tons of trail cam pics of him and no blacks after the 1st week of hits I tossed in the towel on my station. Last year I had several different blackies on this same site and 1 brown that didnt stick around long. My buddy who is a mile away had to give up on his as well. Luckily I was able to hunt my friends site after he scored we ended up taking 3 blackies off of his and hes only 2 miles from my site. Not one brown bear in his bait and it was baited up at the beginning of the season as well. We all used the same bait sweets etc. Go figure?

Default Brown Bears

I have a friend in Nikiski who has had three brown bears on his bait all season and no black bears. Five years ago it was just the opposite. The Kenai is being overrun by brown bears and the Feds consider them a "Species of special concern" here. Go figure...

Mac

I followed a set of grizzly tracks on my atv trail from a half mile away all the way into my bait station the other night, these pads were as big as any grizzly track I have ever seen in the interior (HUGE!). The bait was not badly destroyed which suprised me but it had been hit. Twas a bit discouraging but we got in the stand and shot a beautiful auburn colored black in less than 20 minutes of being there. This is the second grizzly that has been to my bait and the second one is probably twice the size of the first one, but as long as the blacks keep coming in all is good!

Sure does seem to be a lot of griz and browns being seen on black bear baits these days, makes a fella wonder exactly how healthy the brown/griz population is??

So far, I have nothing but brown bears and no blacks. Total suckage. I'll be checking it tomorrow again, but sort of pointless now.

Lightbulb Kenai brown bear numbers

Quote Originally Posted by fishingis4play View Post
    They are in need of another bait station they have ate mine. Please repy and bring your drag bag so you can leave a scent trail from my bait to yours I'll be happy to let you feed them they don't eat much but they do like syrup sweetened logs and dog food and.... well everything you leave at your bait site One can claw the tree at about the 10 ft mark standing flat footed he is also free just bring a leash and he can go with you too, I'm looking for his smaller black colored cousin so if you've seen him send him back to my bait please, we'll just make an even trade P.S. I'm in Kasilof and the Brown Bears are willing to travel!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper50 View Post
    f4p I've given up this year. I've had at least 10 different brown bears photographed on my bait since May 12th. They've destroyed 3 bait barrels and torn down and bent up my metal tree stand 3 times. I've had to yell at one to keep him away from my stand when I was in it. Luckily he backed off.
    As many of you Kenai Pen. fellas as there are having browns at your bait, It makes me wonder if all of you got together and sent pictures of your brown bears along with your bait locations to ADF&G they might rethink the survey numbers they are operating the brown bear hunts by.

Although, I'm sure they are seeing the content of your posts here too.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Talking Good Idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
    As many of you Kenai Pen. fellas as there are having browns at your bait, It makes me wonder if all of you got together and sent pictures of your brown bears along with your bait locations to ADF&G they might rethink the survey numbers they are operating the brown bear hunts by.

Although, I'm sure they are seeing the content of your posts here too.
    The down side is they would probably have to rent a HUGE warehouse to store all the pictures in and the complaints that we all have

Default Yeah,

but we all 'know' there just aren't that many browns on the Kenai Peninsula anymore, are there....

I swear, we should put fins and feathers in charge of mosquito control here....whaddya think might happen then?