Thread: Looking for Dall cape ASAP

Default Looking for Dall cape ASAP

Hello fellow sheep hunters,

JUST A QUICK QUESTION I'M LOOKING FOR A CAPE IN GOOD CONDITION I FILLED MY SHEEP TAG OPENING DAY BUT THE 11 YEAR OLD KING OF THE HILL FELL A WAYS AND I COULD NOT KEEP THE CAPE.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. I FELL THAT I NEED TO HONOR HIM SO EVERYONE CAN SEE WHAT A WONDERFUL ANIMAL HE WAS.... THANKS

AKSHEEPHUNTER

I assume you got the horns out. I also assume you salvaged all the legally required meat. So what was wrong with the cape?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper
    I assume you got the horns out. I also assume you salvaged all the legally required meat. So what was wrong with the cape?
    Why does every other post on this forum lately have someone making a comment like that? It seems as if nobody trusts anyone to legally take all the meat out. He didn't say anything about the meat being bad..."what was wrong with the cape" We'll lets see..what could happen to a cape on a sheep hunt...many things can happen to a cape if the ram tumbled down the jagged cliffs that sheep are known to live in after the shot. Or maybe the cape didn't get salted in time and is going bad, or maybe he couldn't carry all of it off the mountain and had to leave the cape. Lots of reasons why he needs a new cape.

AKsheephunter...this seems obvious, but start calling taxidermists. I know of a few guys that buy sheep capes from hunters just to be prepared for someone that had something happen to their cape. They'll be your best bet. Good luck to you.

Default Sheep Cape

Worse case call Jonas Taxidermy in Littleton, Colorado (Denver)

I know they either have capes or have access to them but they won't be cheap....

Thumbs down Aumming

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper
    I have to agree with Shoot2Kill, he asked about a cape so he can mount his ram so why do you have to ask about the meat?? Is that really any of your business?? Looks like the "ethics police" got a new recruit.

Default MT

MT is just trying to stir things up a bit, I am not for sure but I think he is doing it so some of the "ethics police" see what it looks like when someone else behaves the way they do.

Default shoot2kill

Shoot2kill is just mad, cause he had to leave Alaska.

Boo-Hoo
    Whats up brotha!

Default Wheres the pic?

Some of us crave the pics of these rams, Ak Sheephunter. Drop a pic of that ole boy. I'd love to see that gnarly 11 yo head. What an old timer....

Congrats by the way!

fullkurl

Back to first grade guys. The first 2 sentances are ended with a period. I didn't ASK about the meat. Nothing in my post requires or asks him to explain anything about the meat or horns. I did ask about the cape. I find it interesting/odd that the meat and horns made it out OK, (I assume, giving him the benefit of the doubt) but his cape isn't useable.
    The best place I know of to find taxidermy skins is www.taxidermy.net. There is a forum page there where one can advertise for things you need, as well as scan the for sale page for anything you need being advertised. I occaisionally see dall capes there.
    Of course, sheephunter has the complete ability to just ignore my question, instead of stirring things up like a couple of you are.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

LMAO.........coming from the king of "stirring things up"!!

Default Could be...

Quote Originally Posted by mtcop71
    Shoot2kill is just mad, cause he had to leave Alaska.

Boo-Hoo
    Whats up brotha!
    That could be part of the problem. You're going sheep hunting and I'm not Coop..*******.

No offense MT, I've just been seeing it quite often on here lately, but good idea about taxidermy.net...great place to buy dead stuff.

Sheephunter, call Yukon at Tall Tales Taxidermy 907-338-5313. I know he's got a buddy that sells him his sheep cape every year and if that guy is back from the field already, he'll most likely have one for sale. If not now, surely by the end of the season.

Default Cape

Thanks Guys I Did Not Mean To Talk About The Meat All I Wanted To Know If Anyone Had A Idea About Finding A Cape

P.s My Ram Was Old And A Great Monarch Of The Mountains Where He Lived! He Just Fell A Long Ways. Thats Why I Need A Cape........

Quote Originally Posted by Ak sheephunter
    He Just Fell A Long Ways. Thats Why I Need A Cape........

#1 reason why guys need a sheep cape...

I hope you find one so you can display him proudly...by the way...where's the pics of this boy!

Default Pictures

HEY SHOOT2KILL,

i was wondering if you could help me. I can't figure out how to put a picture on the forum can you help with this process thanks a million i would really like to show him off if i could figure out how to do it.

AKSHEEPHUNTER

Post attaching photo

use the mangae attachments option at the bottom of the post page. You may want to consider changing the size of the photo with another program first to allow for easier viewing.

Default sheep cape

I have one in Fairbanks, call me, 907-490-4465.

Default Another source for sheep capes

Hello fellow sheep hunters,

JUST A QUICK QUESTION I'M LOOKING FOR A CAPE IN GOOD CONDITION I FILLED MY SHEEP TAG OPENING DAY BUT THE 11 YEAR OLD KING OF THE HILL FELL A WAYS AND I COULD NOT KEEP THE CAPE.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. I FELL THAT I NEED TO HONOR HIM SO EVERYONE CAN SEE WHAT A WONDERFUL ANIMAL HE WAS.... THANKS

AKSHEEPHUNTER
    For starters, congratulations on your hunt! I hope you can toss a photo our way when you get time...

You might give Russel Knight a shout in Anchorage at Knight's Taxidermy. He's got his hands on a lot of this stuff and could probably help you pretty quickly. He does excellent work too.

Regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Send it to me...

HEY SHOOT2KILL,

i was wondering if you could help me. I can't figure out how to put a picture on the forum can you help with this process thanks a million i would really like to show him off if i could figure out how to do it.

AKSHEEPHUNTER
    AKSheephunter...send it to me at my home email address...rhoffmanisu@hotmail.com and I can resize it and post it for you...but not until Sunday night...sorry! I'll be out of town until then.

Default Sheep Cape

Ak Sheephunter - I got a 38" ram out of 14c on Sunday. I packed the cape out but have since decided not to get it mounted. If you are interested in it give me a call @ 223-5534

Matt

Default found cape

Hey Guys,

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. ENDED UP FINDING A NICE CAPE HOPEFULLY I'LL SAVE SOME MONEY IN THE LONG RUN. I HOPE ANYWAY. THANK- YOU AGAIN FOR ALL THE INPUT FROM MY FELLOW SHEEP HUNTERS OF AK.

AKSHEEPHUNTER