Thread: Hips vs Chest waders

Default Hips vs Chest waders

OK I'm coming in a week and still haven't made up my mind -Bring my chest waders and felt shoes or: buy hip boots when I get there and leave them (left at the guide's cabin for another client to use). Chest waders can be a pain to get on & off and make pit stops an ordeal. I've got room to pack them but if hips are all that's needed I'd just as soon buy a cheap pair up there and donate them at the end of my trip.
    Input appreciated
    George

Where are you going? What kind of chest waders do you have? (neoprene or breathable?)

OK, leave wader boots behind um mm good idea for the guide.
    Bring bib waders to keep you warm while others are freezing, possibly, being able to go into deeper water, knowing your protected, hmmmm...
    Bring the bib waders!

Even though I am a guide, and people leaving waders behind is great, but then again, I am a fisher woman...."F" the guides, keep yourself comfy. allows more fishing time, without being to cold.

But if you wanna fish with us, leave the bib waders, lol

Full length waders are the way to go in my opinion. I just undo the straps and belt waders around waist when it warms up later in the day.... nearly as comfortable as hip boots to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hhounds View Post
    OK I'm coming in a week and still haven't made up my mind -Bring my chest waders and felt shoes or: buy hip boots when I get there and leave them (left at the guide's cabin for another client to use). Chest waders can be a pain to get on & off and make pit stops an ordeal. I've got room to pack them but if hips are all that's needed I'd just as soon buy a cheap pair up there and donate them at the end of my trip.
    Input appreciated
    George

Chest waders are simply the way to go, you wont regret them