Thread: biting reds

Default biting reds

Has anyone ever heard fo the technique for catching reds with a red hook? When I lived in washington we would catch reds in puget sound as well as lake washington with a red salmon hook trailing behind a dodger. Trolled at fairly shallow depths. They difinitely would bite, no snags or flossed fish. I agree that when catching them here in these rivers flossing is the way.

Yea, I have heard of the technique. The red hook probably resembles Krill to the salmon. I bet you could hook sockeye in rivers bobber fishing with a whole krill. I buy the frozen Krill in large packs for my Arowanas.

visibility would be a problem here. All of the silt in the rivers would make the hook hard to see.

Default look at my other post red led

look and see the fly I tie its the only fly i use and its brite red i think it might help alittle bit to entice a strike ive caught a few reds that the whole fly was deep in their throats.,,,,,,,,I think they bit......mabey

I have had them suck down an orange comet to where I could barely reach the eye of the fly with my fingers.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Default red fly

Quote Originally Posted by ripndrag View Post
    look and see the fly I tie its the only fly i use and its brite red i think it might help alittle bit to entice a strike ive caught a few reds that the whole fly was deep in their throats.,,,,,,,,I think they bit......mabey