Thread: Any local lake reports?

Default Any local lake reports?

I just picked up a little 12' jon boat to row my 4 year old grand kids around the local lakes to catch thier first fish. Any good catch reports from the Anchorage area? They are very excited and I sure would like them to see some good action to get them "hooked". Size does not matter.
    Tight Lines & Screaming Reels,

If you don't mind taking a trip out to Palmer, Canoe Lake is a good place to catch a lot of grayling. I took my cataraft out there and caught upwards of 30-40 fish (all released) on bead head nymphs under a full sink line.

beach lake is closer and has alot of stockers in it. small grayling and trout. i have also caught my biggest rainbow out of this lake 27". there are quite a few in the 16-20" range. great for a small boat with kids and trolling motor non gas lake. you can back right down to the lake to drop the boat off and not have to carry it anywhere, just a thought. jeff

Beach lake turns into a circus around 11am, maybe just the day i went but its a beautiful place early in the mornin

Quote Originally Posted by boejali View Post
    Beach lake turns into a circus around 11am, maybe just the day i went but its a beautiful place early in the mornin
    Come to think of it, Canoe Lake was the same way. A lot of people putting in as I was pulling out. Thank goodness I am an early riser.