Thread: A/P in FBKS??

Default A/P in FBKS??

Just picked up a 170B in Anchorage and I'm looking for suggestions in Fairbanks for an A/P mechanic. I'd like to get the STC for Auto fuel soon.

Thanks,

GS

Default C-170

If you own one go here.

http://cessna170.org/
    Tim

I can recommend Chena Marina Aviation. However they are very busy and might not be taking on any new clients, but you should give them a call just in case.

Plane's good to go just need STC on fuel but will like good A/P in future. Was told to talk to Chena also. Thanks for the reply.

GS

An auto fuel STC is just a piece of paper. The STC doesn't change anything on the engine. The 170 engine, along with dozens of others, is certified to burn 80/87 octane gas. Mix some 100LL with the autofuel and I believe your legal.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Yes placards too. I need a/p or i/a to sign off on it. I'll find someone this weekend when I have time.

Default auto gas stc

I think you can buy the STC from AOPA or EAA send in the check and they send you the paper work. I' not sure on this but give them a call and find out. If you don't get any results let me know and I'll look up mine on the Pacer. Tom

To be legal you have to buy the STC from EAA or Petersen Aviation. Then have an IA fill out the 337 and put the stickers on the fuel tanks. Autofuel with ethanol in it is not approved for use in airplanes. The auto fuel here in mass. has it but I dont know In AK. Hope this helps.