Thread: Rabbit Creek Range Info

Default Rabbit Creek Range Info

I tried calling the number for the Range, the mailbox is full so I wasn't able to access any recorded information. Can someone provide info on the following:

1) Previous threads state that the range is open Wednesday through Sunday, from 10 to 5. Is that info correct?

2) How many lanes are there, and if I get there at 10 during the week will I get a lane, or do I need to arrive earlier?

3) Daily range cost is $7?

4) Can I bring my own targets, or do I need to use/purchase them at the range?

5) Are sandbags available at the benches, or should I bring my own rest?

Thanks for any info you can provide,

Michael

Wed-sun 10-5 correct. What are you shooting? They have different ranges. Regardless, you should have no problem getting a lane in the middle of the week. $7 and you bring your own targets or you can purchase them there. The stands are available at the range so are the rests. I also believe they have chronos for rent. Must check into the main office first to get finger printed. Just kidding.

Default Thanks!

Thanks love2hunt - I'll be shooting a Ruger Model 77 MkII in .338 Winchester Magnum. I'll just need the 100 yard range, to verify that I'm still shooting 2 inches high at 100 yards to be dead on at 200.

Michael

There is a 50 yd handgun range with about a dozen lanes, 100 yd rifle with about the same number of lanes, and 1/2 each of those lanes are covered.

I typically shoot at lunchtime during the week, and I've yet to have a problem getting a lane, not sure about weekends. August/September is definately the busy time of the year.

Where is the range located, I would like to stop by and make sure My rifle is properly sighted also.

Head south out of Anchorage, just as you head down the hill onto Potter's Marsh, the range is to the west (next to the water).

Thanks for the Information, is there any open ranges that are located out in the valley?

Default Birchwood

They have a bigger range and you can shoot up to 300M. It's about 1/2 way between ANC and the Palmer-Wasilla. $10.