Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reloading Bench Pic's

Default Reloading Bench Pic's

Just about got me Bench where I want it (Still mising a chrono. and a electronic scale though). So I thought I'd post a few pic's since seeing a few on this forum helped me build mine.

Jake
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0953.jpg   IMG_0951.jpg  
    Last edited by Murphy; 06-05-2008 at 13:48.

Smile nice!

Congrats on the beautiful bench. I wish mine looked that neat. Somehow I gotta clean off the fishing gear and tools everytime I want to use it. Ya just cant have enough garage space......
    “I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. “ Fred Bear

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

That should do the trick!
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Default very nice

I can't wait to get started putting my reloading stuff together. Just try to decide what to get. budget is a little tight getting ready for my bear hunt

Default Nice angle

Thought I'd bump this from the Archives as it looks sooo nice

Love that Partner press set at an angle like that, this is one of the nicest setups I've seen. Is the Trimmer on a portable board for a reason, you don't bring that into the living room do you

Curious tho as it is from '08 picture, what does it look like now? still clear of junk?

Nice Job
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Default Bench Surface?

CZ,
    What is the bench surface made of? It kind of looks like particle board but I didn't know they made it that thick. I think I have the same rack/bench system that I have been planning to use as a reloading bench. I long since lost or reused the shelves that came with it and have been trying to figure out what I can use that is beefy enough to mount a press.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron-diuck View Post
    CZ,
    What is the bench surface made of? It kind of looks like particle board but I didn't know they made it that thick. I think I have the same rack/bench system that I have been planning to use as a reloading bench. I long since lost or reused the shelves that came with it and have been trying to figure out what I can use that is beefy enough to mount a press.
    I don't know if you caught that those pictures were from two years ago, so I don't know if that person is following the thread any more.

But to answer your question. I can tell from the pic. that he used a solid core wood door and cut a notch out of it. That's why the one part sticks out to the left. The cores on those doors are in fact particle board with hardwood faces. Solid doors make excelent bench/table tops. They are HEAVY though.

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by evandailey View Post
    I don't know if you caught that those pictures were from two years ago, so I don't know if that person is following the thread any more.

But to answer your question. I can tell from the pic. that he used a solid core wood door and cut a notch out of it. That's why the one part sticks out to the left. The cores on those doors are in fact particle board with hardwood faces. Solid doors make excelent bench/table tops. They are HEAVY though.
    Thanks for the tip. I already have a couple of responses to an ad on craigslist about some solid core doors.

Default Reloading Bench Pic

Nothing spectacular.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reloading bench.jpg  

Default Looks Good

Looks pretty good to me, you have got "Sum Room" to work there, Nice

What's that table top made of? Looks like steel?
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Default Reloading table

Yes, It's steel.......heavy, heavy steel, took four of us to sort of drag it on a trailer to haul it to my house. It is 10' long.

Thumbs up

Looks like some very clean and tidy reloading rooms a far cry from what mine looks like .
    I still know where everything is located !!!!
    Lets see some more loading benches.

RR

Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Nice reloading bench!.......Love the pic of your wife on the top picture.

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER RICK View Post
    Looks like some very clean and tidy reloading rooms a far cry from what mine looks like .
    I still know where everything is located !!!!
    Lets see some more loading benches.

It's no wonder you and Mike Cyrus get along so well. His bench looks just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Nice reloading bench!.......Love the pic of your wife on the top picture.

kahahawai

Yep that is my wife of 30 years come next year . She is my Junior High sweetie .

evandailey

After many conversations with Mike and all the projects he seems to have going on I would imagine his bench would be full to say the least.

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Default Still Clean, but...

Mine's still somewhat organized and you can actually still see the bench top....

I'm only three months in and loading for one rifle. So it probably won't last long. The organization I mean
    Built for $50 or so including the scrap pile out back for lumber, just beefed up an existing bench a bit,

and yes, as you can see, I already had to move the Press over a bit to the right
    It's not as heavy duty as some of these and does a little flexing when FL sizing but seems to work fine and,

Hey, it's still clean.... of course I'm out there every night these days,

and then the boat season is just starting, so here come the Raw Water pump overhaul projects....

I'll try to get out to Grampa's house soon and post a pic of his 50 yr old Reloading shop, it's pretty intense

Default All finished up.

I posted this to another thread titled ABC's of Reloading Table. Then, it didnt have the finishing touches on it and no gear. Here it is with everything on it.

I think I even said something to the effect of: Reloading will save money over time Ha Ha, well lets just say, once you get started there is always another widget to purchase!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bench.JPG  

Here's two pics of my general work bench turned reloading bench. It works well for my needs at the current time. When or if I move I will build the mother load bench of all time. I have plenty of ideas that will make my life much easier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P5120213.jpg   P5120214.jpg  

Default Serious

Man, that's some serious reloading you are into there, how many rifles, etc.?

Very impressive, the organization, scares the Heck outta me to think I may go that far tho

Even the spokes on your bike are clean!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by evandailey View Post

Speaking of CZ... I still have a book of his and an ammo box from when he taught me the basics in his garage... never heard from him again... sure would like to return that stuff if any one has a contact...

Thanks
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast