Thread: Harding Loch Ness

Default Harding Loch Ness

Went to Harding Lake this weekend to test run the boat and troll for Lakers. I have never caught a Laker and personally always thought they were a myth; Harding Lake equivalent to Nessy. Needless to say, I figured on no Lakers and just putting a few hours on the boat as my check run. Well at the launch we ran into a very nice man who told us how he catches Lakers (20lbsír all day long). Now we got excited. We had that rig. So just out of the shallows (side note, the dredging they did this winter is no real help; watch out) we saw a hook up on another boat. Dang, we knew our time had come! Well 6 hrs later, not a bite. So just curious about how many people out there have actually caught Lakers at Harding? Fill free to post how just for me.

Default I Agree

I think Lakers in there are a myth also. Lol, I have never been able to catch anything out there. I have seen many pictures of some nice ones, but I'm still not sure how to catch them. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by akshrop View Post
    Went to Harding Lake this weekend to test run the boat and troll for Lakers. I have never caught a Laker and personally always thought they were a myth; Harding Lake equivalent to Nessy. Needless to say, I figured on no Lakers and just putting a few hours on the boat as my check run. Well at the launch we ran into a very nice man who told us how he catches Lakers (20lbsír all day long). Now we got excited. We had that rig. So just out of the shallows (side note, the dredging they did this winter is no real help; watch out) we saw a hook up on another boat. Dang, we knew our time had come! Well 6 hrs later, not a bite. So just curious about how many people out there have actually caught Lakers at Harding? Fill free to post how just for me.
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Wink nessies

Two summers ago I fished it and the boat brought in about 5 of them on two occasions. They weren't 20 pounders but still pretty good. All the fish were caught in the same area of the lake . But I don't pretend to know Harding Lake. Just fished big spoons and they bit that day.