Thread: Crossing Kings River?

Default Crossing Kings River?

Went out to Pemanente Trail today, got as far as the Kings river crossing. This is the first time I been out there and don't know if the river conditions are good for crossing. Has anyone been across yet?

Quote Originally Posted by AKTerry View Post
    Went out to Pemanente Trail today, got as far as the Kings river crossing. This is the first time I been out there and don't know if the river conditions are good for crossing. Has anyone been across yet?
    You weren't on the Permanente if you turned around at Kings River You were on the Kings River Trail that cuts over to the Permanente Trail which is on the other side of the King's River. There is no need to cross Kings River if you start at the beginning of the Permanente Trail. Drive further up the highway from the bridge to find the right trailhead to Permanente.
    Asking if you can cross a river on the Glenn is risky because conditions can change in an hour. It also has a lot to do with your river crossing skill, knowledge and ability. How your atv is setup also plays a HUGE role.
    My Grizz is snorkled and set up for water, I enjoy making risky, high and fast river crossing on the Glenn rivers.
    Now if I said go cross Kings River because I just did it you might end up watching your atv do 360s in the current as you try to make shore
    The only way to learn is to practice and set your atv up for water.

I agree. if your machine isnt set up for it and if your not expierianced in fast water, I'd just drive up to the next trailhead. kings river moves pretty good.

I've contemplated it a few times but with my stock polaris, common sense prevailed.

Common if my wife can cross the Knik river in a stock supercrew then you can certainly cross that little "river" in an atv

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    Now if I said go cross Kings River because I just did it you might end up watching your atv do 360s in the current as you try to make shore

Doesn't that just make the sphincter pucker?

Hate that feeling.."yup..I didn't make it!"