Thread: Addicted, even though I missed!!!

Default Addicted, even though I missed!!!

I had an aquatince that lost all 5 of his hunting buddys this season asked if I was going to my bait station, and if I wanted to go to his instead since he wanted to watch someone stick a bear.
    So we went to his bait this friday and had to move his climbers closer, I picked out two trees guessing they were about 20yds or so. Set up the bait and started a burn. 45mins later we heard our first bear behind, which stayed behind. While I was still trying to make out were the bear that went behind us, my now new hunting partner, got my attention and as I turned my head I spotted him he was a biggen. My buddy turned on the video camara and I gradually positioned myself. When He got right in front drew back aimed and let it fly, trimming its back hair and pegging the tree right above it. He spoked turned and ran about 50yds. My buddy yells you get him I said no, Can I take him, yeah, he dropped him with his .338 and we are nowboth addicted; him to bowhunting having never been that close to a bear on bait, and me seeing my first bear on a bait and being able to shot at oen, he sticks to about 50yds with a gun.
    I walked it off after the fact a little late and the bear was only 15yds pretty much parrallel to me since the bait was on a hill and I was in a tree just alittle ways down the hill I am now going to go set a pin on my sight for a 15yd shot. The bear squared 6'6".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good for you man. Save your pennies and buy a range finder.

Range finder RANG FINDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Cool Ynggrashopper scores well...

Have yet to talk to him, but rumor on the street is he stuck a 7 footer with the bow... We'll have to wait to see the pics! Congrads, where's them pics?
    Respect what you do not own but are privleged to enjoy, Mother Earth thanks you...

Im confused! Had to read the post three times! So, your bud thought you hit him but you didnt so he dropped him with the .338? Is that right?

Default yeah

Yeah After I told him I missed him; I told him to go ahead and take him, since he was 50plus yds