Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Drawing Permits

Default Spring Drawing Permits

How long before the results of the Spring Drawing will be posted?

Quote Originally Posted by T11R17 View Post
    With yesterday being the deadline for submitting the applications, you mean you haven't heard back yet?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Around July 15th

I already know what I'm getting, Cow moose by my house, Any Buffalo in Delta, and Fall Kodiak bear.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    I already know what I'm getting, Cow moose by my house, Any Buffalo in Delta, and Fall Kodiak bear.
    That sounds awfully familiar to what I'll be winning, jkb. I've already got my archery sheep tag in hand, now I just need to pick up my Delta bison, 14C brown bear, and Ft. Rich archery moose tag. Oh, and my Tier II caribou permit as well, as I need to fill that freezer.

If you haven't heard yet you were'nt drawn
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

After hearing the above, I figure this house hold chances dropped to about zero. I would be willing to bet that at least 90% of the applications call for the same hunts.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Ok, Lets hear it. How many of you forgot to put in?????

For those hoping they will win, I say it's not going to happen. I threw a $50. go grease some hands to get drawn.... I'll let you all know how all my draw hunts go
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I put in for some moose and of course Delta bison permits, I have a delta sheep permit so far, looking forward to that hunt in a big way. We all will know who wins around mid-july. Good luck all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    That sounds awfully familiar to what I'll be winning, jkb. I've already got my archery sheep tag in hand, now I just need to pick up my Delta bison, 14C brown bear, and Ft. Rich archery moose tag. Oh, and my Tier II caribou permit as well, as I need to fill that freezer.
    That freezer? What is that, the caribou freezer? You get enough animals to have a freezer for each species? Talk about making the rest of us feel bad. I've only got fish in mine.

Angry %*$@#%*!

I forgot!!!!

So its Mid July when the results will be out then,, thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    That freezer? What is that, the caribou freezer? You get enough animals to have a freezer for each species?
    Well, sure...doesn't everyone have species specific freezers? . OK, OK...we don't have species specific freezers. We did have two pretty well filled last year, but it's getting more sparse by the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    After hearing the above, I figure this house hold chances dropped to about zero. I would be willing to bet that at least 90% of the applications call for the same hunts.
    I doubt I duplicated you.
    For moose it was the Twenty mile & Placer drainages, the late Skilak hunt, & Homer cow (531, 210, 549).
    I put in for 3 of the unit 15 brown bear areas (303,305,307)
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

If any of you draw the 14C brown bear tag, I hope you do better than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    I put my wife in for cow moose by your house as well

I wonder how many people put in for DM798/799. Based on my 07 info I might actually get the tier II bou tags this year but if so it likely will never happen again. Even more likely is that I win them and then get them stripped away just before the hunt starts... I threw one in for the east side of the Matanuska cow hunt DM408 just to check out some new country if drawn, I figure I can run the boat up there and hopefully escape some of the crowds. I guess the main theme for me was late hunts, trying to extend my moose/bou season a little bit since I have 10 days in Sept devoted to filling my Hunter Creek sheep tag.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I put my wife in for cow moose by your house as well

I wonder how many people put in for DM798/799. Based on my 07 info I might actually get the tier II bou tags this year but if so it likely will never happen again. Even more likely is that I win them and then get them stripped away just before the hunt starts... I threw one in for the east side of the Matanuska cow hunt DM408 just to check out some new country if drawn, I figure I can run the boat up there and hopefully escape some of the crowds. I guess the main theme for me was late hunts, trying to extend my moose/bou season a little bit since I have 10 days in Sept devoted to filling my Hunter Creek sheep tag.

I put in for the delta cow hunt. Hopefully I'll get something that's huntable w/oiut a 4 wheeler that can put some meat in my freezer.

Of course they'res always the ft. rich hunt i'm supposed to get, so between that and the delta bison I'm winning I might not have as much room at the end of the year as I thought

Jon

I looked at DM798/799 and decided that too much of the units were covered by farms...I'm sure others have a better perspective on these areas, but I didn't want to have to deal with limited access points and farms...so I applied elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No View Post
    I looked at DM798/799 and decided that too much of the units were covered by farms...I'm sure others have a better perspective on these areas, but I didn't want to have to deal with limited access points and farms...so I applied elsewhere...
    That's why I advised a friend to put in for 798 but not 799. 798 has a fair amount of public (and military) land, whereas I understand that 799 has a lot of private land.

LuJon - I've always been interested in 408 as well. I figure rafting down a few miles from Chickaloon and camping on a sandbar would be a fun way to spend the weekend. I only put in for Ft. Rich/Elmendorf archery permits, but I had two good friends put in for 408 and I'll be helping them along if either is so lucky to draw.

Wow, looks like we're all drawing Delta Bison....Thought there weren't that many permits, must've been wrong though...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast