Thread: Kings/Reds June 5-9

Default Kings/Reds June 5-9

I am going up to AK June 5-9 with two friends to hopefully catch some kings. I am looking for any suggestions for places on the kenai peninsula to do some shore angling for kings (and possibly reds if it isnt too early).

How is crooked creek area of the Kasilof? Also, what type of gear would you recommend?

Finally, we are going to be in Seward on the 7th for a halibut trip... how is the king fishing in the Seward area around this time?

Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by talleyhooo View Post
    I am going up to AK June 5-9 with two friends to hopefully catch some kings. I am looking for any suggestions for places on the kenai peninsula to do some shore angling for kings (and possibly reds if it isnt too early).

How is crooked creek area of the Kasilof? Also, what type of gear would you recommend?

Finally, we are going to be in Seward on the 7th for a halibut trip... how is the king fishing in the Seward area around this time?

Thanks for any help!
    Seward will likely be poor/fair for kings then. This has been a cold year and it may take them a long time to hit the beach areas and close near-shore areas.