Thread: Little Su

Default Little Su

I am not new to running a boat, but I have never run a boat on the Little Su.
    I was planning on going down river, are there any special warnings or spots to watch for or helpful hints that anyone can give me?

AK Chappy

It's narrow with a lot of blind curves and a lot of boats, not all of which stay on their own side. Keep it slow and hug the right bank as much as you can. With a jet, you should have no problems as far as depth water depth.

Just take it slow. There are a lot of narrow curves.

The river is pretty easy to read.

I use the straight streches to go fast.

Watch out for other boaters. Most are cool but every once in a while there will be a yahoo that think a jet boat can only run and turn at full throttle.

Knock on wood I have not seen any boat crashes there but the Park Ranger told me there are a lot. I have seen a couple canoes flipped over by jerks in motor boats though.

Oh yeah, watch for overhanging bushes. I lost a couple rods my first year there in my jet boat. I didn't even have to haul ass to find some bushes.
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

Thanks guys,
    See you on the water.
    Tight lines all!!

AK Chappy