Thread: Denali State Park snowpack

Default Denali State Park snowpack

Hi folks, I'm coming back to AK june 6 - 16th to visit my girlfriend. We're running through potential plans... mountain biking Resurrection Pass came up, but I'm concerned about snow and mud. We also thought about backpacking Kesugi Ridge - can anyone comment on the current conditions, even looking up from the Parks over the last few days? Anyone dare to make any forward-looking statements about snow conditions around the june 12-14th period?

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by northernalberta View Post
    Hi folks, I'm coming back to AK june 6 - 16th to visit my girlfriend. We're running through potential plans... mountain biking Resurrection Pass came up, but I'm concerned about snow and mud. We also thought about backpacking Kesugi Ridge - can anyone comment on the current conditions, even looking up from the Parks over the last few days? Anyone dare to make any forward-looking statements about snow conditions around the june 12-14th period?

Thanks...
    We just got back from our trip to the area. We had planned on doing Kesugi, but it's still under three feet or so of snow. It might be better in two weeks, but when we drove past it a couple days ago it looked pretty covered. The lower areas around the lake are clear though.

Thanks. Sounds like you guys are getting a late spring thaw. I guess we will just stick to doing things indoors, maybe find a cabin to rent, if there's any left unreserved, lol...