Thread: Minto access

Default Minto access

I asked this one in the fishing forum, but got no replies, so I am trying here. Has anyone gone into Minto Flats from Nenana? I so, how long did it take, at what speed, and how dificult was it to find swanneck slough for the cut across to the Tolavana? Also what was the fishing like (size/numbers)? Was there any dry camping areas on this end? I want to try the other end of Minto. I have gone via the village all my other trips. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by akshrop View Post
    I asked this one in the fishing forum, but got no replies, so I am trying here. Has anyone gone into Minto Flats from Nenana? I so, how long did it take, at what speed, and how dificult was it to find swanneck slough for the cut across to the Tolavana? Also what was the fishing like (size/numbers)? Was there any dry camping areas on this end? I want to try the other end of Minto. I have gone via the village all my other trips. Thanks.
    I have done it several times with my brother in a 20ft smokercraft with twin 50 mercs. Takes a couple hours to get to swanneck if you aren't in a hurry and about 5 to the mouth of the tolovana; from memory. I flew over swanneck last weekend the north channel is dry. Water is low.
    Tim

Thanks MIT. I will stay out of Swanneck. Any word on the fishing, or were you there for other reasons?

Did't do any fishing it isn't open yet, doesn't open till June 1. 3 mile slough on swanneck is usable.
    Tim