Thread: Big Su Trail?

Question Big Su Trail?

Anyone know anything about the ATV traihead on the left just across the Big Su bridge going north on the parks?
    Saw an ATV Tour company sitting there last week.
    Is there a decent ride that starts there?

Mark

Twenty five years ago it went across Rabideaux Creek, then along the Big Su headed downstream for just a couple of miles, where it petered out. It was primarily a winter trail to some private cabins.

I suspect it's well used in summer by the cabin owners now. I don't know where it ends up, but I think there's lots of private land out there.........

Default my experience

I rode in there once about 12 years ago moose hunting. Trail crosses a creek and climbs up to the bluff overlooking the river. There is a trail that meanders along the edge of the bluff for a little ways, or your can cut right into the swamps. I rode through the swamps for a while but it was very soft and after a mile or so I decided I was doing nothing but tearing up swamp ground for no reason.

I went back in the winter with my snow machine and the swamp trail goes to Trapper lake.

Perhaps there is more to the trail along the bluff than I thought.
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

That would be my business , The trail does not go far down the bluff as it turns to private land and cabins only way to Trapper is with one of my Argos. Our tours go along the river. If you cross Rabideaux Creek make sure you have your permits for crossing as they loaded up the ticket pad with violations this past weekend for both weekend warriors and bear hunters.
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default Big Sue Trail

Thanks for the info and the permit tip. Doesn't sound like the family outing trail I was looking for.
    Guess I'll go look up Hatcher.
    Alaskanik