Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brenda Valentine pleads no contest

Default Brenda Valentine pleads no contest

Guilty Conviction After No Contest Plea. Is it ok to talk about this now?

Default I would hope so

I would hope so. I checked the court docket and that court action was put off almost every month. And then, finally, she is fine $100.

I can not imagine, any Alaskan getting fined the same amount for shooting a cow moose by mistake.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default more info

Can someone link the court documents or have first hand knowledge of how the whole incident went down?

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

That is a JOKE!!! A friend of mine in Idaho was bowhunting in a unit that was closed to deer hunting...He showed up at dark and was not aware he was in the closed area. Anyways, he never even knocked an arrow and Idaho Fish and Game gave him a $300.00 fine.

I guess a big name goes a long way.

Default so

What happened? All it says is that she took a cow out of season....and got 100$ fine...seems pretty light to me...for a moose. I bet a fish out of season is a lot more than that.

Default Initial State Trooper press release

Case Number: 07-81485
    Type: Take Cow Moose Closed Season
    Text: On 10/15/07, Tok AWT Issued citations to Brenda Valentine, 57 yoa
    of Puryear, Tennessee, and Amber Lee Dibble, 36 yoa of Tok, for taking a
    cow moose during a closed season. Investigation revealed that on
    9/17/07, Valentine wounded a cow moose while shooting at legal bull
    moose while on a guided hunt. The moose was dispatched and turned over
    to Troopers by the guide in accordance with state guiding laws.
    Arraignments for both are set for November 7th in Tok District Court
    Author: BWJ9
    Received Tuesday, October 16, 2007 10:16 AM and posted Tuesday, October 16, 2007 10:31 A
    Although some can call it Catchin', I still have to call it fishin'.

Obviously I was not there but it sure sounds like a slap on the wrist with a wet spagetti noodle. Ok, it was an accident in shooting the cow; people make mistakes all the time and the fines are usually much, much higher than this. Her having an atty make the difference? along with the significant delays? Just asking. J.

Angry Unbelievable!!

HAD to be more than $100!! Tell me that's a misprint!! What about the fella (can't remember his name) who is having his life ruined for shooting a **** wolf out of the area ON A CONTROL PERMIT?!?! Guess he doesn't have celebrity status. These type of things really make a man lose faith in the enforcement system. $100. Maybe I should buy a non resident hunting license this year. Looks like you can do anything you want for that and $100!!!!!!
    Better not be any non-res's complaining about license fee now. Looks like its a small price to pay if you screw up!
    I better hit enter or this will be a couple pages long. Sorry for the rant.

Mark

I guess this goes to show the extent of corruption in this state.

Professional head hunter backed by big business. Money talks (lawyer) Read about the hunt at her website http://www.brendavalentine.com/words...n_paradise.htm

Default very weak

Funny, she doesn't mention shooting an cow illegally on her website. Must've slipped her mind.

Even if it wasn't her intent to shoot a cow, who takes a shot at an animal when they have a chance of hitting another, non-targeted animal? I thought that was hunter ed 101...

Default Pathetic

Just another example of those with wealth, power, and/or status getting away with something and treated preferentially. Actually, I am not surprised they did not pay her $100.

Default Shoot her an e-mail to remind her!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No View Post
    Funny, she doesn't mention shooting an cow illegally on her website. Must've slipped her mind.

Even if it wasn't her intent to shoot a cow, who takes a shot at an animal when they have a chance of hitting another, non-targeted animal? I thought that was hunter ed 101...
    Go to her website and shoot her an e-mail reminding her of her crime! I suggested she privately fund a large portion of Alaska's Hunter Education program.
    Although some can call it Catchin', I still have to call it fishin'.

Question

Interesting This is the same fine as keeping a foul hooked Sockeye in Yakutat.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-HUNT View Post
    HAD to be more than $100!! Tell me that's a misprint!! What about the fella (can't remember his name) who is having his life ruined for shooting a **** wolf out of the area ON A CONTROL PERMIT?!?! Guess he doesn't have celebrity status. These type of things really make a man lose faith in the enforcement system. $100. Maybe I should buy a non resident hunting license this year. Looks like you can do anything you want for that and $100!!!!!!
    Better not be any non-res's complaining about license fee now. Looks like its a small price to pay if you screw up!
    I better hit enter or this will be a couple pages long. Sorry for the rant.

IT has nothing to do with being non res. Please do not confuse it with that. Plenty of residents have made mistakes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by REM700 View Post
    IT has nothing to do with being non res. Please do not confuse it with that. Plenty of residents have made mistakes as well.
    I don't think his point was only non-residents make mistakes, just that the fine in this case was uncharacteristicaly low(the implication being that this was due to her non-res status).
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default Thanks REM

I understand residents make mistakes too, thanks. Can you post an example of a resident getting $100 fine for shooting a moose out of season since you're setting me straight? (cow during bull season,etc)

Default Oh, and

it has EVERYTHING to do with being a non res with big lawyers and celebrity status and a big name guide service under contract. One would have to be very gullible or drunk to believe otherwise. Doesn't fit with any other crime/punishment outdoor cases of similar stature I have seen, although I should search that to be totally correct. I'll bet a 6-pack of Amber's on it though in the interim.

Default she got nothing

If she had shot an illegal bull, they would have flipped. But as stated before, money talks....
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast