Thread: Hello, I'm looking for a hunting partner

Default Hello, I'm looking for a hunting partner

Hello, my husband and I are experienced Elk Hunters in Oregon. We have taken 25 Bulls in the last 30 years.

I recently got fibermialiga and it was a sad time for my husband and I because we had not yet had the hunt of our lives which would be a unguided hunt in Alaska. It had always been our dream to hunt for a Moose and a Caribou.

Our daughter works for the Airlines so he can fly almost for free to Alaska and then pay to be flown out for the hunt.

Anyway I was trying to set some kind of hunt up for him but the unguided hunts require 2 people for safety of course. At this time I don't have another person to go with him. Is there anyone out there who is looking for a hunting partner. I can email you pictures of our elk to show you that he is a capable hunter. He has gotten most of his animals with a bow including one buffalo, (and 1 with a gun) he is a wonderful and capable hunter. He has capped and butchered his own buffalo twice, all his elk, deer, antelope and bear. He is aware of the physical demand in both hunting and butchering the animal. He is also a taxidermy but only for himself and friends, I can show you 3 Elk, 2 deer, an antelope and lots of bear, not to mention a buffalo all that he did himself. He is an ethical hunter, and also a Christian, although his jokes sometimes may not seem like one. (hehe) I'm working on that. Anyway is there anyone looking for a partner because I would so love to find someone to hunt this September season. I know he is a non resident but please give it some thought and let us know. Thanks so much Debbie, by the way his name is Ed Dew

You might try arrowhead outfitters they do drop offs for moose and caribou. They have a web site and he is always getting a single that has to be paired up I think he charges 2200 for a fly out which includes all gear the flying and 2 caribou. not a bad deal really.you have any info on the malheuir river for elk? we hope to draw that hunt on the 15th . thanks in advance

Most transporters will drop you by yourself if you have a sat phone or ground to air radio. These can be rented, sometimes from the transporters themselves.

Can't do much in Alaska this year (trip is already booked), but I can certanily lend him a hand in Oregon.

Default 2009

I'm headed up in late Aug 2009 to Kotzebue for caribou with my son if your husband is interested.

We're in Fairview, OR.

PM me.

Default Hello

a frind and I are headed to Dillingham Sept 1 thru 15. I will be hunting with a bow for Moose/Brown Bear. My friend is a non resident and will be hunting for Moose/caribou. He's bringing rifle and bow. We are flying in our own Zodiac for the hunt.

Anyway, there is another friend of mine who is on the fence about going. He is actually waiting to see if he draws any out of state sheep tags before commiting. If he does go he may want to split the cost of the flight in and a zodiac rental with someone. We are flying in with Bay Air out of Dillingham. Not sure if it would work out but it just might. We will all be camping together.

Send me a PM if it sounds interseting, then I could keep you informed if the third party is going.

I am a Police officer in Dutch Harbor and my friend is a Sheriffs Deputy in Great Falls, MT.

Default Hunting partner

here is the lasted update.

Contacted Arrowhead and they have offered a fly in drop camp in area 24B. The cost is $4500 and they will allow me to stay for as long as I want between Sept 5 and the 25th. I would fly into Fairbanks and then drive to the staging area which is 4 hours away. They would fly us to a drop camp from there. I guess I would get a rental car to get to the staging area. Still looking for a partner if anyone is interested in this drop hunt just let me know. They know someone with a side business that will provide all camping gear and a raft if needed.

Does this sound like a good deal and is this a good area. He said that it's a great area that you can only get to by plane. If we get a Moose down he said he would fly in and pick it up and put it on ice in the staging area so that we could continue to hunt, so that both hunters also had a chance. I'm looking for someone who would be willing to continue hunting until we both had a chance at moose. I Have two weeks vacation already set but I could get more if needed. He had someone lined up for me to go with, but that person also has a tag for a restricted area and he is trying to line something up for that and has this hunt just as a backup. He lives in Fairbanks and said that he'd know within 2 to 4 weeks whether or not he would need this hunt. I'd rather not wait that long to know if everything is firmed up. Arrowhead said to go ahead and see if I could find someone else who would rather have a firm deal. So if any of you would be interested in this hunt please let me know.

Thanks so much, Ed Dew
    Also thanks for the offers of hunting with you, I haven't really responded yet because I had already spoke with arrowhead and I don't want to go back on my word with him. If I can't work this out, then I'd love to take one of you up on your offer. One way or the other it's going to work out.

Also if you would like to see my web site for elk it's at www.elkadventure.com I just recently updated the site and some how dropped off about 3/4 of my pictures. My wife is trying to fix that so all my pics should be up soon. I have around 30 or so. But currently there's only a few. I'm not a guide by any means but I've hunted Elk, deer, antelope, bear, turkey, ducks and of course rabbits and so forth. I've also bagged two bison, one on a hunt and the other you can hardly call a hunt but I got it anyway. I am a bow hunter, but also hunt with a gun. I have experience in the field with hunting and dressing the animal. I also taxidermy my own animals but just for hobby not for the public. I'll try to post some pic of my taxidermist animals as well.

thanks for the info