Thread: Pontoon Boats

Default Pontoon Boats

Here's a question out of ignorance and laziness (too tired to find my regs and try to decipher)....

I have one of those small personal pontoon boats. Is there any permit/licensing required to float down the lower Kenai in one of those?

I don't think so, but you could be jepordizing(sp?) your life with all the power boats ripping around. You might want to stick a bunch of warning flags all over your toon and make sure your insurance is paid up!!!

Default not to worry

We'll be mainly sticking to the middle river and hugging the bank as we go down.

As access to fishing along the Kenai gets harder and harder to find (and what public access there is gets more and more crowded), me and my buddy figured we'd see what kind of gravel bars we can discover in that section of the river. Mid-river for 2nd Run reds is pretty primo. I know a few good spots already. But I'll be interested to see if we can come up with a new "spot" or two. We may iritate a few property owners when we anchor our little boats infront of their lots, but hey, sticking to the law, as long as we're in the water we're legal. Anyways, it's time to get away from Hanz, Franz, and the rest of France and Germany this year. With the Euro/Dollar exchange rate this year, I can only imagine how many planeloads of Europe's finest are on there way over.

I will definitely keep a watch out for Swiftwater Bill though, as his wake puts the Northshore Pipeline to shame. I wonder what he's gonna be like with a 50hp.