Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She's a natural..

Default She's a natural..

My 4 yr. old has been chomping at the bit to go fishing, and after grandma got her her very own rod last week it was off to a local lake.

The pictures say it all...

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Talking HEY!!

that wasn't a wild rainbow was it???!! <GRIN>
    welcome back!
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Thats a happy face!

it's a beautiful thing, that is right there!

There are very, very few moments as precious as a young one's first fish. Congrats to her. Her beaming smile and sparkling eyes say it all.

You're making me excited about taking my little one out! Hmm....do you think a 9 day old is ready?

Default first fish

My daughter landed her first fish by herself this weekend too.....with a little casting help from dad
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    You're making me excited about taking my little one out! Hmm....do you think a 9 day old is ready?
    I'll try and dig up the pic I have of our daughter swathed in blankets on the Russian at the ripe old age of one week......
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Default Right On

In a few years my kiddo will be ready for his first.

Default Yeah...

$10 million dollar smile for sure!

Default Awesome

Those are great pictures. I love the camo hat.
    I would rather see my kids catch a fish than catch one myself now.
    I hate to turn this into a kids fishing album, but here's my youngest of four boys with his first rainbow from the other day at Clunie Lake also. Now all he talks about is fishing.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Great pictures, Guys! Takes me back when I was a youngin' goin' fishin' with my dad for 'lil brim, sunfish & then finally large mouth bass!

Wildog,

How were the fish bitin' there at Clunie? Time of day, lures/flies, etc. Have yet to fish there but have always heard it is a great spot, especially if one has a raft or float tude.

Default Wonderful

Looks like a fishing partner for life. At least until some low life steals her away from you 15 years from now. Congratulations.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Default Well

Quote Originally Posted by TruBluTex View Post
    Great pictures, Guys! Takes me back when I was a youngin' goin' fishin' with my dad for 'lil brim, sunfish & then finally large mouth bass!

Wildog,

How were the fish bitin' there at Clunie? Time of day, lures/flies, etc. Have yet to fish there but have always heard it is a great spot, especially if one has a raft or float tude.
    10 years ago I pictured myself teaching my kids how to flyfish at 5 years old. Reality is I don't have time and I have to use what's easiest, least amount of tangles and snags until they get more coordinated. They used bobber and single salmon eggs from a jar first, with not much success. Then I set them up with power bait and they caught some pretty easily. The other day a guy was knocking them dead with cured salmon roe. I have not casted the lake once myself, just guided the little ones, but like most stocked lakes in May there are plenty right now. I didn't launch the raft, we just fished from shore so I don't know about the lake. Usually wjith stocked lakes a good percentage of the trout stay right where they dump them in for some reason so that's a good place to fish. I don't know why I'm up at 4:00 a.m. discussing fishing --I don't have a problem though.
    Hike faster. I hear banjo music.

Default Fish girl!

That is just way cool!
    She is lucky to have a mentor who would take the time to show her the way...

Congratulations!

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Default Not in Alaska

Agreed, taking my girls fishing is a joy...[IMG]file:///Users/brianhovland/Desktop/100_0549.JPG[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/brianhovland/Desktop/Girls%20can%20do%20better.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/brianhovland/Desktop/crappie.jpeg[/IMG]

Took my son out in one of those "Snuggly" things when he was 10 days old and just about freaked out his mother when she found out that evening. He eventualy got his guide license with me and and guided fly fishing trips for several years with our family business. Now his 4 year old twins went out for the first time last Saturday for their first fishing trip. Unfortunatly it rained like all get out and we had to leave before the first fish was caught. Needless to say we are going to remidy that this weekend. The kids are just chompin' at the bit to get back out. Gotta love it.

Default Great pics

Great pictures takes me back 10 years ago my daughters first fishing trip we went to a small lake in sutton by the old coal mine we rode 4 wheelers caught fish camped caught fish and found fossils. She is 15 now and her interests are boys internet and shopping. Enjoy this moment it seems like time rolles by so fast.

22' SeaSport coho
    TigerBight call sign

Default That's Awesome

Your pics make me look forward to my 1 yr old daughter catching her first fish with me. She spent last summer with me on the Kenai/Russian, only kid in her daycare class with a stroller that smelled like salmon. She's walking now, not sure how i'm going to keep her under control at the river...but i'm looking forward to trying.

My own son isn't quite ready to hit the water, but Uncle Brian has had the pleasure of taking both of my nephews out to catch their first fish in recent years. (The oldest one in the second picture caught his first king at the Tailrace a couple of months later coached on by his grandparents, but I still get credit for getting him his first. )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast