Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today at Willow Creek

Default Today at Willow Creek

Well I did not see any Kings but there were only about four people fishing.

I met another member there to show how to drift fish for kings. On my first cast of the demonstration I caught this Rainbow.

I am guessing it was about 17" not quite 3 pounds.

Caught it on a #4 Spin-N-Glow using one of ripndrag's Red Sinkers. I did not get the sinker in the photo. oops.

Saw a couple guys in a boat pull up and throw out some Spin-N-Glo and eggs. I told them I think Deska is the only place you can use eggs. They though the whole Susitna was legal for eggs. They did switch to lures at least for while I was still there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later".

great lookin fish there, RM!

Very nice!

Default More pics of your trout

Thanks again for the great tips
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks MidnightSunRebel for the pics.

Default Wow!

Nice bow! Looks like the water level is still pretty low. Hopefully the Kings will be there soon

Yes, the water is low.

Man i would gobble that rainbow up quick! nice looking fish!

Ray
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by greythorn3 View Post
    Man i would gobble that rainbow up quick! nice looking fish!

Ray

That was the first thing I thought too. But that it is closed for rainbows now and when it does open that fish is too big.

Default Closed to retention

The mouth of Willow creek is never open for retention of Rainbows.

Yep, you can only keep rainbows under 16" from June 15-April 14 ABOVE the Parks highway bridge.

Which is fine, what I hear is that the fish move from the main river up into the creek anyway. That was the first rainbow I have ever caught at the mouth of the Willow.

Default nice fish

nice rainbo man, im goin kayak fishin for rainbos tonight ill post some pictures if i catch some. glad to see somebodys tryin my sinkers out do you like how they feel ?

Those sinkers are great. I am gonna get a King on one this weekend and I will get a pic. (I think I can, I think I can)

Default kings

I hope you do get a king , I got a small rainbo today on my kayak mabey 12inches. I dont fish utah much now since I started going to alaska but it passes time till I can get to alaska. 49 more days........

Default 49 More Days????

man thats gotta be torture.. i will be there in 6 days and can hardly stand it..
    i am like you ripndrag i dont fish idaho much anymore since i have been going to alaska.
    but i am heading out on the snake river today, gonna try to hook up on some smallies and sturgeon..
    we caught 3- 8 footers and 1 -3 footer last month down in he11's canyon.
    at 225# plus,, them fish will sure turn yer arms to noodles..

Default slimm you lucky bas>><<>d

0nly 5 days now I guess youre gona hit the russian for the first run of reds? did you get the sinkers i sent ya man? good luck budy,hey will you take me to hells to get sturgen ill pay for gas all of it.

Talking Yeah!!! 5 Days

yea we will hit the Russian around the 14th,, we are gonn'a head over to the deshka for 6 days first.. and yep got them sinkers, very much appreciated, gonna spend 5 days on the Russian so i will have plenty of time to use em..

i don't have a boat big enough to handle that big ol stretch of river in hells canyon, we chartered a boat from snake river adventures, truly a first class outfit..
    a thousand bucks for the boat for the day, 6 people can go,, that comes out to about 166.00 per person.. and they supply food water pop and all the fishing gear..they pretty much guarantee you will catch a sturgeon..2 days before we got there they caught a 10 footer and some 6-8 footers..
    and while you are waiting for a hook up you can catch all the smallmouth you can handle,
    and all the trout you want to catch, we caught a bunch of trout that were in the 18"-20"
    inch range.
    if you and a couple buddies want to go i am up for it, we will have no problem filling the boat..
    if you can't make it this year, ya ott'a plan a trip for next spring you can pop a turkey while you are there..
    we went 4 for 4 on some big mature toms this year.. but i am up for it anytime..
    or if you got enough folks to fill a boat,, i will get you the info. you need.
    thanks again for the sinkers,, yak at ya later..

Quote Originally Posted by slimm View Post
    yea we will hit the Russian around the 14th,, we are gonn'a head over to the deshka for 6 days first.. and yep got them sinkers, very much appreciated, gonna spend 5 days on the Russian so i will have plenty of time to use em..

i don't have a boat big enough to handle that big ol stretch of river in hells canyon, we chartered a boat from snake river adventures, truly a first class outfit..
    a thousand bucks for the boat for the day, 6 people can go,, that comes out to about 166.00 per person.. and they supply food water pop and all the fishing gear..they pretty much guarantee you will catch a sturgeon..2 days before we got there they caught a 10 footer and some 6-8 footers..
    and while you are waiting for a hook up you can catch all the smallmouth you can handle,
    and all the trout you want to catch, we caught a bunch of trout that were in the 18"-20"
    inch range.
    if you and a couple buddies want to go i am up for it, we will have no problem filling the boat..
    if you can't make it this year, ya ott'a plan a trip for next spring you can pop a turkey while you are there..
    we went 4 for 4 on some big mature toms this year.. but i am up for it anytime..
    or if you got enough folks to fill a boat,, i will get you the info. you need.
    thanks again for the sinkers,, yak at ya later..
    That is why I never call it the "lesser 48".
    There is more fish and game there than you can shake a stick at.

Really? I was getting worried about going home on leave. Reading here made me think all the fish and animals are dead.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    That is why I never call it the "lesser 48".
    There is more fish and game there than you can shake a stick at.
    yea i have been struggling with the idea of moving to Alaska,, but when it comes right down to it i have plenty of opportunity for hunting and fishing here,just don't have as many chances at moose rams and goats,,and no caribou..
    i buy a sportsman package every year,, with that i get my hunting fishing lic./ an elk tag/a deer tag/lion&bear tag/a turkey tag/archery &muzzy permits/steel head and salmon permits/..
    all for 117.00...
    i can shoot a turkey in April, then get another in may,, and then i am allowed 5 more turkeys in the fall.
    start antelope hunting aug.15th that runs right into archery elk&deer then that runs into rifle season if i didn't get one with my bow, then that runs into muzzy&archery elk and deer again until mid December plus if i want a extra deer and elk tag i can buy em. for non res price.. and i can hunt either whitetail or mulies or both.
    and now it looks like we will have a wolf season starting this year also..
    grouse & dove start Sept. 1st and runs right into.chucker quail hunns pheasant ducks and geese,, and that go's clear up till jan. 31st.. then it is time to get serious on them coyotes..
    throw in a fishing trip to Alaska and a pheasant hunt to South Dakota a archery javelina hunt in Arizona, and all the rockchucks & ground squirrels you can shoot in the spring..and all of that is over the counter hunts..
    plus way to many species of fish to list,, and if i get a hankering to fish the salt it is just an eight hour drive to the Washington or Oregon coast..
    even with all that to look forward to i still dream about hunting in Alaska on a daily basis..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast