Thread: Barney's Website

Default Barney's Website

Anyone heard when Barney's is going to have their new website running?
    Loving God, Loving People, Loving America--Serving All Three

Who knows, I'm gonna have to take a run down there to get the new pinnacle kevlar pack for August.

Exactly! I am continuing my quest for a new pack and have pretty much decided to go for a Barney's but I would like to see their new products that I have heard about. Oh well, I guess the quest goes on.....

I am due to get the new Kevlar Pinnacle in a couple weeks, rest assured there will be numerous pics posted!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I am due to get the new Kevlar Pinnacle in a couple weeks, rest assured there will be numerous pics posted!

Please do! I am wanting to buy a Kevlar Pinnacle as well. BTW, I think those are running about $500 with the carnivore frame. Is that about right?

I can't imagine needing a bigger pack than the Hunter model. I can load a Hunter heavy enough to make me sorry. A Pinnacle is too big for the average guy. To hold out for the lighter kevlar fabric to save a few ounces on a pack that you can load heavy enough to snap your legs like twigs? I don't get it. Bob had a kevlar Pinnacle sitting right on the floor when I bought my Hunter, too. I know my limitations!

Buying one or the other should be done in person. The web doesn't do these packs justice.

Default Hunter pack

You guys could save me a few bucks on the long distance phone call to barney's if you answered my question.
    What does the hunter pack in cordura weigh with frame? Cost?

What does the hunter pack with kevlar weigh with frame? Cost?
    Sure wish Barney would get that website online.....Ken..........

I can't speak to the current pricing since I purchased mine durring the sportsmans show price special. I would guess that your $500 mark is very close. As for my take on the pinnacle vs the hunter, I have restraint when it comes to packing my equipment light as I can, but I like to hunt often more than most of my friends and the biger bag makes sense when it comes time to pack out an animal along with all my gear for a 10 day hunt. I am 6'5" and everything I wear is 2xl so even my shirts take up more room than everyone elses! Besides who doesn't want a bag they can fit a moose quarter in?

It isn't bad to have a huge bag. Yes, you may be tempted to fill more than you can handle in it but that doesn't mean you have to. I like the flexibility that a bag the size of the pinnacle brings in case I decided to carry something that is awkward like a quarter or whatever. I know my limits and even if I have a huge bag I won't pack it heavier than I know I can handle...but I do like having room to have that choice if I am dumb enough to make it.

Default On a side note...

I was checking Barney's website to see if was up & running. However, I was not

One thing that left me baffled was the text on the topo used for the advertisement. Did it say what I think it says? Look for yourself/draw your own conclusion...

http://www.barneyssports.com/
    Last edited by Montana Native; 06-04-2008 at 15:45. Reason: forgot url
    Respect what you do not own but are privleged to enjoy, Mother Earth thanks you...

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Native View Post

One thing that left me baffled was the text on the topo used for the advertisement. Did it say what I think it says? Look for yourself/draw your own conclusion...

It says foRk

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Native View Post

I must be missing it....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I must be missing it....
    Me to. What's the deal?

It says what you think, I'm sure its how most feel with the site still being down.

Default directions

Quote Originally Posted by Backcuntry View Post
    Me to. What's the deal?

go to the link

stand on the "S" in barneys sports chalet

shoot an azimuth of about 193

follow that azimuth for about 15 klicks

you will find yourself on an "F" of a special word (fork) that looks awfully suspicious

Default He said FORK...

Upon further scrutiny, the "o" appears to be open on the top and the "r" has a tale hint of closure resembling a "c"...

An odd testament to topo navigation... I thought it was an azimuth to the Red Light Inn...
    Respect what you do not own but are privleged to enjoy, Mother Earth thanks you...