Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PWS Brownie!!!

Default PWS Brownie!!!

Well, the wife and I are out on PWS looking for her a black bear and while we were in town I stopped by Frontier Taxidermy in Valdez and picked up my Brownie from last year. 7.5 ft with some nice frosted tips. Had some thin stops on his face and legs but still a beautiful hide. So far only shrimp. Saw a few high and got to watch several goats. Want to thank my buddy Rod who helped me score on this bear. Thanks Rod. STill got several more days and the bears have finaly started to move. The taxidermist who also seals bears said that he just sealed the first one during the MD weekend. Most say the spring is 2 to 3 weeks behind. Still nice to be out. Good luck to all the baiters should be hot in the coming days. The bears this year are like my son they like to sleep in.....LOL

Oh yea, the new Ace pot puller is the ticket, should have done that much sooner.

Good Luck to all

Steve

Nice bear Steve, like the facial expression on the bear. Excellent job on the nose.
    Last edited by kingfisherktn; 05-29-2008 at 17:23. Reason: Clarification

Default Rack

The new roof rack is working great. I tourist ask me if I had enough stuff to catch something. I told him are you kidding this is Alaska you can never have too much stuff. He acted like he never seen a guy take a boat out on a boat. Never enough toys. LOL

Steve

Thanks, I wanted him done with a closed mouth, although he did try to eat us as we got close. It is hard to believe the amount of lead they can take and still move.

Steve

I about choked when I saw the thread title, thinking that you had scored another brown bear out there. Some guys have all the luck - though it wasn't what I was thinking. Thanks for sharing the pics, and let us know how the rest of the hunt goes.

I also couldnt believe it, sounded like you got ANOTHER bear haha- but that sure is a nice looking bear, can you take a picture once its up on the wall?

Default nice

I hope mine turns out that nice. Good luck on the black bear.

Will

Thumbs up

Your bear looks great Steve! Like the new roof rack for your Wooly as well.

Good luck on the rest of your hunt!

I've only seen a couple rugs with closed mouths and like the look of it head-on, but wondered if you had any side profile views and a shot of the whole rug? Nice bear!

Default Nice brownie!

Nothing wrong with a bunch of shrimp! Good luck hunting; thanks for the awsome pix! (Sweet roof rack on the floatie, by the way.)

Looks like they did a realy nice job on that bear, I allways look at the nose cause it appears to be the hardest part to get looking "real". Where did you get the rack built? Is it removable and if you don't mind could you give me an idea of how much $$? I have a 17.5 wooly and a rack like that sure would give me some much needed extra space.

Default The wife got her done.

We pulled into a bay and the wife spots a nice Blackie. Sometimes everything works perfect. The big male was eating grass, wind and tide were both in our favor. We put the sneak on, got her to within 50 yards. Setup up her shooting sticks and coached her on shot placement. BOOM, her 270 WSM hit him behind the shoulder and hit his away leg and broke it and down he went. His sow ran up a tree, the wife stated to cry because she thought it was a cub and she had shot a sow. I told her one way with a head like that and we had watched him over an hour. Never saw the sow until she ran up the tree. Had to show her the genitals before she calmed down and enjoyed her bear. Of course he had to jump into the creek. We went and got the Jet Ranger and ran up the stream and after much effort we got him into the raft. Had him sealed today. 19 inch skull and over 6 feet, bigger than the one I got last year. LOL. She still didn't think he was as big as he was until the taxidermist told her and she saw the other bears there. Shrimping was good, Friday we got swarmed with hunters and raining weather. We had a great hunt and got a few shrimp. Halibut fishing is still a little slow.

Man she got mad that I got blood on her new rifle, don't she know the rules. Grin

Steve

Default Brownie Pics

Here are the profile pics, will take a full body pic when I get home.

Steve

I gotta say you have it figured out. Nice all the way around.

Will

Smile

Awesome job Steve! Tell your wife congrats. Sounds like the wifes have it figured out. Mine had a black bear bigger than mine as well.

Default Spitz Lift

Here is photo of the lift in action. Was able to lift him up and at high tide and lay him on the beach in front of the cabin. Had lunch and he was High and dry. Had him done by the high tide and used the high tide to haul off the remains. Worked out nice, sure saved my back loading the kicker and the other heavy stuff.

Steve

Steve, congrats to the wife. Nice bear!!!!!

And I have to admit, I am a bit envious of your setup.
    Nice gear! And a wife that enjoys using it with you!!!!! Doesn't get much better than that.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Thumbs up Cool Pics

Nice Bear !!!
    I guess we went a little early and they were still not moving much....
    Hope we do well in K-Bay...
    Congrats.....

Default Late spring

Sure does seam like a late spring. Not much for halibut action either. I usually see several bears everyday. We saw only 3 in 4 days of hunting. They are moving now, the sealer said that he has sealed over 40 in 4 days. Season open a few more days, get out and get at em....

Steve

Steve, thanks for the pics and awesome shots of the black!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast