Thread: Airline Travel with firearms

Default Airline Travel with firearms

Recently returned to AK from OK combo Rio Grande & wild hog hunt.
    On my return flight I was surprized by United Airlines policy of allowing only 2 firearms per customer. I have commonly traveled with 3 or more firearms in the past and never had a problem. A check of their web site prior to and after this incident provided me with no clue that such restrictions are in place. I know American Airlines does allow more. You can imagine the pickle I was in at the airport in OKC with and extra firearm and no way to transport it. You just don't go walking around the airport with an uncased 12 gauge in this day and age. Check your travel plans, talk to more than one representitive and get names when asking for verbal or written advisment of airline policies regaurding firearms transportation.

Did you have them all in one case?

I only ask b/c I recently travelled from out of state with a case of 3 guns and noboby cared. Was it alaska air?

Quote Originally Posted by 375forall View Post
    Recently returned to AK from OK combo Rio Grande & wild hog hunt.
    On my return flight I was surprized by United Airlines policy of allowing only 2 firearms per customer. I have commonly traveled with 3 or more firearms in the past and never had a problem. A check of their web site prior to and after this incident provided me with no clue that such restrictions are in place.
    I bolded it for ya.
    I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Thomas Jefferson

Default United

I had trouble with United last year going to AK with my handgun. I won't be flying with them again. To resolve the problem, they never did admit they were wrong, they gave me $200 off my next flight with them. Haven't used it...most likely won't.

I've never had a problem on Alaska Air.