Thread: Sitka update?!

Default Sitka update?!

Hi,
    I'm coming up from Seattle June 4th-8th for a combo king/hali trip. Does anyone have any reports on how the bite is? Can't wait to get up there, going to have to fill sometime down here with June 1 river openings....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rastamonsta View Post
    Hi,
    I'm coming up from Seattle June 4th-8th for a combo king/hali trip. Does anyone have any reports on how the bite is? Can't wait to get up there, going to have to fill sometime down here with June 1 river openings....

Thanks
    Last report I heard was very slow for kings. It's the same way down on the outer coast of POW right now. Hope the kings show up for you.

heard the same, slow but slowly picking up steam.

what out fit are you fishing with? I'll be gettin in early next week. Getting a late jump on the season this year.

Default Angling unlimited

Never been to Sitka before, been to Kenai, lake Lliamna, Chelatna. Looking forward to some fittin....

All of SE is slow to start this year. I was in Sitka last weekend, and all the commercial guys were whining about having to go all the way to Salisbury Sound and that it wasn't worth the fuel burn because they weren't catching anything there anyway.

I also didn't see any charters bringing in anything notable - a few rockfish and lings and that's it. Weather's been great, but fishing is "fishing" not "catching"...

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]