Thread: Duke traps

Default Duke traps

Lookin at the Duke 120's, 330 mag, and #1 longsprings. Any opinions on these?? The price is right but not if their junk, thanks for any input.......

They're the cheapest trap on the market.....and I've had them fly apart in my hands (jaws nearly hitting me in the face). Bottom line, they are junk...that's why they're the cheapest you can buy. Save your money.

Best trap for the money is Bridger, designed after the old Northwoods traps.

Default crap

Duke 1 1\2's are an awsome trap with a little fileing. the pan sits at or below jaw level and are an excelent fox trap. Bodygripers are all right because they don't need to be tuned. #1 and #3 coilspring are pure BS. #1 longsprings aren't much better.

You'll hear a lot of people dogging the duke trap but I probably have 100 mixed duke traps mostly #1 & 330s in my collection and they have paid for themselves several times and I have never had 1 blow up or even malfunction. Maybe I just take better care of them then others.

Bodygrips Do need tuned.

The trap that exploded was in the store, I had just taken it from the shelf .

Put a Duke in one hand & a Bridger in the other.....Stevie Wonder could see the "cheap".........