Thread: Wallas Stove Dealers / Installers in Anchorage?

Default Wallas Stove Dealers / Installers in Anchorage?

I have a Wooldridge Deep Water Plus that I want to get a Wallas stove / heater installed in. Does anyone know of any dealers and or installers in Anchorage. Marita's said they've never installed one and Dewey's phone is perpetually busy (super frustrating!!) so I don't know about them. Thanks for the help.

Dave

Soldotna

There is only one distributor in the entire U.S. and they're in the Seattle area. You can't buy them locally. They're not that hard to put in.

Default Alaska Performance RV and Marine

These folks claim to be a dealer and installer. Does anyone have experience with them? They're quoting me a labor price of $115 / hour. Thanks.

Dave

thats pretty cheap $115 a hour..

Ray
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by standdup View Post
    These folks claim to be a dealer and installer. Does anyone have experience with them? They're quoting me a labor price of $115 / hour. Thanks.

Dave
    Check out the place I mentioned as the only distributor in the U.S., ScanMarine, at http://www.scanmarineusa.com/company.html

In their website, they state that "We are the sole importer, Distributor and service center for Wallas marine products in North America." After having looked elsewhere before I bought my Wallas (because these are not inexpensive), I came to believe their statement.

If you buy a Wallas from someone else, I'm guessing that you're paying more for it than if you were to buy directly from ScanMarine. But that's just my guess.

$115/hr. for installation, but how many hours did they quote?

Default Wallas

They quoted me roughly 3 - 4 hours but asked to see the boat to really nail down the estimate. I have been in contact w/ Scan Marine but don't know if I'll have the time or expertise to get it installed myself. Therefore I am searching for a local installer.

Dave

How much do they run?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I installed a Wallas on my boat a few months back, pretty simple and straightforward. The instructions are good. The toughest part was taking a hole-saw to a new boat for the exhaust/intake. You'll get more satisfaction doing it yourself.....if I can do it....
    Are you in the Anchorage area?

Default Wallas

I installed mine it was easy enought but anyway, to answer the question Alaska Mining & Diving is a Dist and the folks in the Seattle area gave me 3 or 4 other Dist up here, just call them and they can tell you. They are the importer from Finnland & Dist down there where C-Dory is. None of them stocked the 220/800 stove/heater so they sold to me direct.
    Scan Marine 206-285-3675 or service@scanmarineusa.com
    I have there lititure

Dave, I just installed the 220 / 800 in my new boat. It is really pretty easy and the folks at Scan Marine are a big help if you need them. Really nice people and know the product very well. They can tell you exactly what you need with you answering only a few questions.

Good luck...AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

Thanks for all the help guys. You've got me thinking that I should go ahead and do it myself. I saw this photo on here somewhere and really like the looks of it.

What did you folks use to punch a whole through your hull for the exhaust hose? Any special tools?

I'm in Soldotna. Thanks.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by standdup View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys. You've got me thinking that I should go ahead and do it myself. I saw this photo on here somewhere and really like the looks of it.

What did you folks use to punch a whole through your hull for the exhaust hose? Any special tools?

I'm in Soldotna. Thanks.

Dave
    That's my photo/stove. Just used a hole saw to drill the hole for the exhaust.

I bought mine from Alaska Mining and Diving. It was a tad cheaper from them (all things included: shipping ect.) Also, they are very simple to put in. Like it has been mentioned, a hole saw works very well for the hole that goes through the hull. It took me less than two hours to do mine on my C-Dory 22.

Here are a couple pics of mine. 1 is the hole in the counter, and you can see the exhaust hole. I had to run the exhaust through two walls (inner wall and outside hull), and this is the inside wall. I cut it probably twice the size of the exhaust hose and insulation, just to keep the inside wall from heating up.

The second is the burner / blower in place. It is not screwed down yet, just sitting in the cut-out. But, you can see what it will look like.

A hole saw will work great for you.

AkBillyBow
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

Default Many thanks to all of you!!!!!

Once again you guys have come through for me w/ some great advice. I'll be ordering mine soon..........

Dave