Thread: boat drop off unit 7/Seward

Default boat drop off unit 7/Seward

Can anyone recommend a good drop off boat charter out of Seward? I'd like to spend 3-4 days in a remote bay, camping, fishing, glassing for bears (I know it's not the best time for bears...but I only have the first week of July available this year). Any recommendations as far as charters? It would be me and a backpack that's it. Thanks for the help.

Try Miller's Landing. I know that they have a water taxi that will head out of Resurrection for dropoffs, and I believe they have their transporter license as well. Give them a call. If they won't do it, I know that they know who does. They seem to know just about everything and everyone down there.

Default Water taxi...

Matthew Cline runs out of Seward. His business name is AquaTech, I think. He did right by me and I plan to use him again this fall.

Web site
    http://www.sewardwatertaxi.com/

E-mail Address
    ak_explorer@hotmail.com
    Last edited by Burke; 05-29-2008 at 09:42. Reason: add website

Thanks, any recommendations as to where I should go for the drop off? How's Day Harbor for black bears?

Best service out of Seward, hands down, is Allen's Alaska Adventures. Call Joe Allen at 224-4785.
    Mike