Thread: 4X4 Indicator light blinks 4 times.

Default 4X4 Indicator light blinks 4 times.

I have problems with my 06 Honda Rancher 400 AT. When I first ran it this year, it would get stuck on a certain gear on both AT and ESP. I would have to put it in neutral shut it off and start over again. It sputters when I try and go into reverse. The gear indicator also reads this " - - " . What is the problem? Even when I warm it up, about a minute or more later the 4X4 indicator light blinks 4 times.

I had a similar problem with my Rubicon, but the code was 6 flashes. It was the angle sensor, which seems to be a fairly common problem with the Hondamatic, especially when you get 'em wet. I don't know what the code is on the Rancher...couldn't find it on a quick Google search.

Not trying to chase Dave's business away as this is a great forum but this other site has some pretty knowledgeable people hanging out on there too. I run Yamahas but they have a forum for all makes over there.

http://www.highlifter.com/forum/Honda/forumid_21/tt.htm

Default Check your battery

These machines must have a good battery in them. If you've worn it down winching (plowing during the winter), or using hand warmers, or just left it outside all winter without using it, it may require a charge or new battery.

Mine was having those issues, battery maintenance took care of it...if a charge doesn't work check the sensor the other guy mentioned.

v/r