Thread: Looking for bow opinions...

Question Looking for bow opinions...

I am looking to by a bow and am trying to get through the hype to the truths on the bows I am looking at. I have recently talked to multiple bow techs that have all said the same thing on the bowtech tribute (guessing other bowtechs also) that the limbs are breaking on them. Don't worry this was not just the mathews or hoyt dealers talking, as a matter of fact one sells bowtech and will not be carrying them after the ones he has sell. Before this info. I was thoroughly impressed with the tribute. Not too sure about pumping $700+ out on a possible problem. I am mainly looking for opinions on the Hoyt's (have shot and read about the Ulratec, looking for shooter reviews) and Mathews Switchback XT (will be shooting it hopefully tommarow). Thanks a ton...

Happy hunting...

I have not heard of this huge # of people having issues with limb breakage on the Bowtec's. http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...h+broken+limbs I would go with what you like the most and not by what you are hearing. I can go through and tell you what I have heard with the problems on the switchback and the hoyt. Don't rule it out. No I don't shoot a tribute so there is no favortism toward this company.

Go visit Tom at Kings Nock and give the Martin Bengal a try. I shoot a Mathews Ovation for target work and bought the Bengal on a whim. It's a great shooter and for $400 it's an amazing little bow.

Default xt

i bought a switchback xt and i think its the best bow i have shot, it shoots smooth quiet fast

Default Another bow

One bow that hasn't got much attention but I feel compares favorably to the new switchback is the 2006 Browning Illusion. I have shot both and actually like the Illusion a little better. It is also a little cheaper. Just something to think about.

Default Matthews...

I shoot an older Hoyt, but my next bow purchase will undoubtably be the Matthews Switchback...What an awesome piece of equipment!
    And the solo cam keeps things simpler and easily tuned....

All my friends have been buying the Mathews Switchback XT. They all love them and say it is the best bow they have shot. Seems like everyone compared it to the top of the line Bow Tech and Hoyt and all like the Switchback better. I was going to get a Switchback, but decided to use the HCA one more year.

Smile

This was my first year with a Mathews XT .
    Have been a die hard Martin man for quite a few years but made the SWITCH and what a great choice it was .

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

For me I love Mathwes. But if money is an issue go see Bill at Back Country He has a package deal on PSE and Diamonds. He has been selling a ton of these Diamonds for around $450 as a package deal. Also He was several bows there where you can go and try them out.

But if you want to spend the money you can't go wrong with either a hoyt or a Mathwes. Are you shooting fingers or a release?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I shoot release...
    Thanks for the replys so far...I have shot a Hoyt ultratec and was pretty impressed with it...I will be shooting a switchback this week, and the tribute also. Thanks so much again

Happy hunting

I shoot a Bowtech Patriot. The best advice I can give you is go shoot as many differnt bows as possible. Forget about all the great things everyone tells you about there bow and by the one that fits you the best. I love my Bowtech and never heard of the problems with the Tribute.

Default Hoyt....

I've been very impressed with my Ultratec that I bought about 2 years ago. It is very flat shooting, very fast and pretty quiet considering the energy it's releasing. I've shot other hoyts (many other brands too) for years but I will have this bow for years to come. I'm using Hoyt's own fall away rest and sight system that works great as well.

Asking folks about which bow they should by is like asking which is better....Ford or Chevy. You will get a lot of different responses, which is great becuase I'm glad there are so many choices out there for us. Pull a few different bows back...get a feel for them and just see what you like best. I like Hoyt's the best and I really enjoy shooting my Ultratec.

Good luck!

Thumbs up Which bow to get

Go to all the shops that you possibly can, pick up as many bows as you can and shoot them. Get the one that fits you well and is comfortable to shoot. If it feels good, you'll shoot good. If your fighting it, you're accuracy will show it. Fine tuning and accessorizing will come later. With the prices these days, well, that's just a demon you'll have to deal with. I'm a loyal Hoyt guy, but if a Hoyt doesn't feel good to ya, DON'T get one. Shop around!!!!! Good luck!!!

I have shot many bows and was a martin fan for years, that was untill i started shooting the Hoyt ultratec, This is by far the best bow that i have ever shot, So quite and smooth. I also have a Hoyt trykon but i like the ultratec the best. i would recommend shooting one,

Rich

Last month I purchased a Reflex Buckskin, and for the money, I am highly impressed.

Default Best bow? Depends on the person

I shoot a Mathews switchback xt (I love it) and also a Mathews Q32. I was a die hard indian fan when they were in bussiness. The best way I know of to find a bow is go to a proshop and shoot everyone they have on the shelf and decide which one fits you best. My wife hated my Q32 set at 60lbs with 65% let off. But after shooting 8 different bows at a proshop she fell in love with a PSE set at 55lbs with 60% let off. Everyone has there favorite but the best way to find yours is to shoot as many as you can and pick what feels best in your hand.

Default BowTech

I bought a BowTech Pro 40 Dually about two years ago and love it. It is a little longer than most, 39", but I like a longer riser. It was difficult to switch at first switching from a dinosour to a high tech machine. But I love it. I have extended my hunting accuracy out to 50 yards (Which takes practice every other night). I have had no problems with the bow at all.

The older BowTechs had limbs that were outsourced and no breakage problems. Once BowTech went into high production and started making their own limbs the problems started. I think that Mathews and BowTech have the highest amount of limb problems. But, there are probably more of them out there too.

The best bow for you is the one that "fits" you and your style. Lots of good choices these days. One you might consider as a new economy setup is a Parker. I have not heard any bad reports on them as of yet. Only good things.

well I have to admit, I am a stickbow nut and have been for the past 15 years. If the interest is there, feel free to drop me a line. I own to many bows for one guy to be shooting on a daily basis. If ya have the need to give one a whirl, just holler.

Dan
    dawn-dan@gci.net