Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's getting skinky at kepler bradley lakes

Default It's getting skinky at kepler bradley lakes

just wanted to give a heads up on the sanitary conditions as I saw them this weekend and a week ago at canoe and long lake, in palmer should any guys head over there with the float tubes. Bring plenty of toilet paper. The restrooms were closed at both lakes and no garbage cans in site. trash all over and people have rags in the bushes near the outhouse. my dog went snoopin like she always does and came back with human crap on her head. (sic)

is their budget that bad that they can't get someone to open the outhouses up and put garbage cans out? This should have been done on May 1st or before. pretty disgusting. I also visited willow creek on Sunday for the first time and no garbage cans in the dirt parking area so I put my empty bud lite lime bottle at the entrance shack. anyone have an idea what's with these people? They should put some cans with liners at the mouth of the river this week or that place will be looking pretty dismal. I see that there was a camp volunteer guy there who could haul it out once the liner is full and i suppose it won't be that heavy. Regardless that we're to be clean but there should be garbage cans. I think i'll give a call to see what's going on.

Or maybe just pack out what you pack in? My mom doesn't always go fishing or camping with me.

If you can bring it with you then pack it out with you. As for the bathrooms they should be open

Leave it better then what you found it. This is what I live by and teaching my kids..
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

What really ticks me off it all the lazy $%^&* that just leave their trash bags haning on the fence at sportsmans launch on the Kenai after the bin is removed for the season!!! They are too lazy to pack it out or even walk to the ferry parking lot to disose in the big dumpsters.
    They leave garbage in the rest rooms as well. Some people just don't deserve the right to be in our wild places. If they want to live like pigs they should move to NYC!!!!!!!!

Rant Over.............................................. ..for now.

Default Dippers do the same at Kasilof

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    What really ticks me off it all the lazy $%^&* that just leave their trash bags haning on the fence at sportsmans launch on the Kenai after the bin is removed for the season!!! They are too lazy to pack it out or even walk to the ferry parking lot to disose in the big dumpsters.
    They leave garbage in the rest rooms as well. Some people just don't deserve the right to be in our wild places. If they want to live like pigs they should move to NYC!!!!!!!!

Rant Over.............................................. ..for now.
    This is not a public camp ground, and though there are only a few garbage cans, they will leave bags of stinking rotting trash in an ever-growing pile as if someone should carry it away for them. That is stupid and irresponsible as it gets! Unfortunately it shows how the general public has come to depend on the government doing everything for them.

Matanuska Lake was better aside from the maybe 14 y/o girls sun taning topless on the little peninsula. We didn't get into any big fish but we did catch a bunch of small rainbows and land locked silvers. I hooked one that would have gone maybe 17" but it spit the hook before I thought to horse it out of the water.

"It's getting skinky at kepler bradley lakes"

"Ranger Blaze" from Montana had a passion for camping without a trace. He said that 20,000 people went up Lost Lake trail annually, each person leaving 2 lbs of poop (do the math). Story is told that he found a camp sight up in the Beartooths with exposed toilet paper, he traked down the offenders, caught them at the trail head and ordered them to go back an pack out their garbage. They protested-"its getting dark" He said either pack it out or he would fine them $500 each. He led them back up the mountain to the campsite, then Blaze disappeared. They had to pack out in the dark (it gets very dark in the Beartooths) . Lesson learned!
    NRA Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by honker View Post
    jno garbage cans in the dirt parking area so I put my empty bud lite lime bottle at the entrance shack. anyone have an idea what's with these people?
    Seriously? You just left your bottle there??

It's one thing to complain about no outhouses, as that is a pretty legitimate need, but leaving your trash for someone else to pick up?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by AKBroncoII View Post
    Or maybe just pack out what you pack in?.......
    Do you carry your feces or even toilet paper out of the woods?

Ya'll remember this? Tony Knowles closed 11 state parks, almost all of which were in Mat-Su and Fairbanks, where he received single digit percentages of votes and where his conservative legislative opposition were based from. It was so obvious it was pathetic, but the rest of the state didn't give a rip.

This is just more of the same: Somebody cries, "Save the land!", so the state classifies the land into a state park, state recreation area, public use area, etc, ad nauseum, then continues on as usual. Even if they build outhouses, they don't maintain them. There are plenty of contractors who can maintain these facilities for fairly cheap. I know; in the past I had written, solicited, awarded, and enforced such contracts for years in outlying areas.

It's not a lack of money. It's where they want it spent (or not spent............)

Default Trash

I tried to talk myself out of joining this rant but just could not. We live in one of the most beautiful parts of God's green earth unfortunately we share it with folks that just don't have any respect for the land. I chose to live here because of the opportunity to show my sons the majesty of this great land and to enjoy the bountiful hunting and fishing. Sadly I find trash everywhere, each stream has yards of old fishing line and a bunch of empty cans and bottles.

Each of us can make a difference ... Please join me in picking up a little of the trash left by the inconsiderate slobs and packing it out along with your own trash. It is not hard to leave the area better than when you found it!

Thanks for helping!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by honker View Post
    I also visited willow creek on Sunday for the first time and no garbage cans in the dirt parking area so I put my empty bud lite lime bottle at the entrance shack. anyone have an idea what's with these people?
    Maybe you ought to ask what's wrong with you? Go back and pick up your beer bottle!

Thumbs up Maybe it's time for some Highland Mt. Cleanup Crew...

"There are plenty of contractors who can maintain these facilities for fairly cheap."

I know the prisoners would love to get out, & it wouldn't be paid labor to get these prisoners to clean up the state parks & such, just need some very close supervison (the paying part) under dogs noses, & some sack lunches & snacks to feed them...

I've seen this mess @ hunting spots along KGB road for archery moose as well...Pretty sad how people are in this lovely state...

I also would love to see a "get together" of posters here that live in the area to clean up the mess & have a BBQ at the same time, but I know, no one will offer thier services to this higher cause, now will they? But B*&@h & moan about the polar bear being listed as "threatened" Come people, don't mouth off about it, do something otherwise you're just as bad!

I'm willing to poney up some cash for gas if you're interested! (am putting my money where my mouth is! Since it would be foolish for me to fly to Bradley Kepler system to clean up!)

Ok, Just called DNR who is responsible for State Parks, & the Matsu Office, & spoke with a lady who said that the Park is owned by the State but contracted out to a private company (go REPUBLICANS!) & she said that it's contracted out to Lifetime Adventures, 746-4644...I read the opening paragraph to the lady & she said she is going to call Lifetime & tell them to get cleaning up! She also stated that NO ONE called the office & reported this...untill now...
    Last edited by gogoalie; 05-28-2008 at 16:45. Reason: spelling

Default Volunteer

I volunteered several years ago to the Adopt a Park Program. It is very simple to do. Now I have 3 generations (my son and my 3 grand kids) helping with 15 minutes a week to go out to the park and pick up what is left behind from others. It gives me and my kids a sense of accomplishment knowing we are making a difference. Come by Little Campbell Lake Park sometime and stop and say “Hi” if you see me. I’ll be the guy taking a break from fishing and picking up the dog poop and trash that others have left behind. Even if just a small percentage of us would do the same, it would make a world of difference. We need to stop complaining and get out and get after it! Rant over…

And "HONKER' go back and get your beer bottle and maybe even another piece of trash or two! Be part of the solution, not part of the problem...
    Last edited by Alaskan Fly Guy; 05-28-2008 at 16:59. Reason: spelling

hey listen, you rude sobs, i'm more clean than probably every one of you. i've never thrown a candy bar wrapper in the woods. if i drop something in a parking lot i pick it up. i've been that way all my life and just because i ask where are the garbage cans you think i'm being irresponsible? what...we have a bunch of feminists on here going to snibble because of a advertised beer bottle? get a life and quit being so judgmental. As if you've never left a beer bottle somewhere. Yeah i didn't want to do that mr. forum administrator but i'm not taking a chance of being caught with an empty in my vehicle either. oh, a newbe on the forum and that's the treatment some of you wish to respond? it goes to show we also have plenty of immature supposedly "men" walking the same trails as everyone else.

an empty beer bottle at a ranger station is not a big deal and you know it. don't give me your bullcrap of practice what you preach because your blowing it way out of proportion. But most disturbers like some of you are good at that anyway. U just love to attack! Personally, i think by most of your tones, your just losers looking for an excuse to deride someone after you had to work all day.

i have ran with the wind after something i've dropped that was smaller than a silver dollar. Have any of you? i'm right. there should be garbage cans. And i'm not lazy. having an empty beer bottle in your vehicle could be bad news should a crazy accident happen when it's not even your fault. ever hear of an empty container? i looked all over the place for a garbage can so kiss off.
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 05-28-2008 at 17:58. Reason: Cleaned up euphemisms and language

Default Honker...

you need to tone down your rethoric...

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    There are plenty of contractors who can maintain these facilities for fairly cheap.
    Maybe it's time for some Highland Mt. Cleanup Crew...

I know the prisoners would love to get out, & it wouldn't be paid labor to get these prisoners to clean up the state parks & such, just need some very close supervison (the paying part) under dogs noses, & some sack lunches & snacks to feed them...
    That's true, it's a good idea, I've seen Palmer Correctional Facility work crews out picking up garbage on the roads, and I loved it.

What I was referring to regarding the contractors are the outhouses. They need to be pumped on a schedule. That schedule is light in the winter (when nearly all state parks are chained up and unplowed, which is another official crime, IMHO), and usually weekly or bi-weekly in summer, depending on usage.

What good is it to build a brick sh#thouse, then lock it up (just to have folks crap on the ground outside the door)?

Is that the ultimate expression of official stupidity, or what?

Default Bradley Kepler is privately contracted...

someone's getting a big fat paycheck from the state & isn't doing thier job!

and.. perhaps if i've been a regular on this site for the past 6 mo. or longer and kissed all of your rear ends you would have been more reasonable. forget this place, your moderator seems to add to the flame. perhaps you also need a new moderator. i use to be a moderator on a salt water fly fishing forum in the mid 90s in the lower 48. If anyone would become rude i would personally send that person a pm. talk about being irresponsible? to that brian guy mod...your like a compromising politition. you dont' take a stand for anything. your driven by the polls and are probably more interested in being liked on this forum than doing the right thing or your boys wouldn't have responded the way they had. im out of here. bunch of pansies i swear. kids in grown up suits. or men in an empty suit take your pick. seeeya.

No I have not left a beer bottle out. I simply put in the trunk or in the back of the truck. No problem. And hey, lighten up. It just sounded bad leaving a beer bottle out for someone else to have to pick up after you had just talked about there being a trash problem at some of the places you had been and how bad it was. I'm glad that you don't normaly leave trash around as that is exactly what a responsible person should do.
    By the way, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will get some good information here. There are actually some good folks with a wealth of information.
    Take it easy. Go out and catch some fish. It's a beautiful day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast