Thread: Ship Creek

Default Ship Creek

Any word on ship creek yet. I am Jonesing for a local run-in with a king some night after work. I am sure they are starting to show up, just don't know if anyone has seen any action.

cheers,
    Jeff

I was down there this weekend watching people fish. Few fisherman with no fish
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Well there may not be as many fisherman as when it gets packed - but there was still quite a few fisherman. I was there for about 4 hours on monday and never saw a roll little own a fish hooked.

I was there at high tide - much less people at low tide but same results. Ship is a week or more out IMO.

Stopped by today.

Not many people and NO fish.

I think your right, 1-2 weeks before they start to show strong.

Now I gotta figure out where to bank-fish the lil' Sue

Jon

Thumbs up Guess Again...

Was down there for high tide, then slack tide. Saw a 30lb'er pulled out, then about 20 minutes later, a 15-20. Of course, I had no such luck - though did have one strike. This was at slack tide, btw....

Cant wait to get down there when they biting, anyone gonna go down sometime soon? i would like to have somone to fish with.

Ray
    Semper Fi!

Default high or low

Slack tide on the high or low?

I have heard "reports" of a fish or two now and then - but for the fisherman hours I still don't think that there are very many running right now - of course - you can't catch them if your bait ain't wet.

good high tides next week after work and I plan to hit it pretty hard then.

I took a look Monday evening at low tide, saw two fishermen above the bridges, one said he had seen a king taken earlier in the day. I didnt see any fish at the dam.
    NRA Lifetime Member

Default there's other fish in the sea (but none at Ship Creek)

Just stopped by the dam to take a look -- tide is low, water is running clear, but did not see a single king in front of the spillway. Saw a couple guys flailing the water, but at Ship, if you can wave your arms around in a circle and not hit anyone, its 'cause the fishing stinks!

Is it me or am I right to think the King run is late all over?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

We'll see. I'm headed there on friday before the tide gets in. I can't wait to catch my first one. Good luck fella's

Default was

down there last night from about 7 till 10:30 - saw one take down and he crackered him after about 7.2 seconds. This was just below the wire. Didn't see any fish roll, didn't see any other take downs. Talked to a fella who said he had one flop back in the water yesterday morning when he was trying to land it.

A wee bit early yet - but good chance to learn the river without a ton of people on it.

Fished from the opening at 6:00 'til 7:30 or so. Did see one hooked up along the run near the dam, but he lost it quickly. There's a few fish in there, the weather couldn't be better, and the crowds are still thin (for another week until the derby starts ...) -- so its definitely worth getting your line wet right now!

Default friday

I am going to head down and flip some yarn tomorow for the 6 am opener, see what I can rustle up before heading in to work.

Quote Originally Posted by chumstik View Post
    Fished from the opening at 6:00 'til 7:30 or so. Did see one hooked up along the run near the dam, but he lost it quickly. There's a few fish in there, the weather couldn't be better, and the crowds are still thin (for another week until the derby starts ...) -- so its definitely worth getting your line wet right now!
    Ditto, saw they same guy hook up when I was putting my gear away. Fished the opener from the cable down to the railroad bridge... didn't see any other action.