What is IYHO the best place to buy IN?

2..ac
    Wooded big time
    Just for summer
    Plenty of bears
    flyin or?
    great fishin

Thanks a BUNCH.
    Guys.... just want some help on places to look.

Thanks

I have remote property that I purchased a few years ago and built a cabin on. I also have remote property located elsewhere that I don't ever plan on visiting again. Your question was a little vague, why don't you give out a little more info on what you might be looking for and I'm sure you'll get a ton of input.

Ie. General Location such as SouthCentral Alaska, Southeast Alaska, near Barrow, etc.
    Do you want road access, or river only access as you mentioned riverfront.
    Would you like it for hunting, or for fun family getaway, etc.

If you're after river frontage, does the Stikine River in Southeast Alaska interest you? If it does, I can put you in contact w/ my dad who owns a bunch of property there that is currently for sale.

You have described about half of the state.
    Is money no object? Are you familiar with Alaska and the different types of terrain? North or south? E or W? Are you going to build or tent camp? Fishing for what? Salt or fresh, trout or salmon?
    Get a map and look from Glennallen to Delta, over to Talkeetna, out to Bethel, on down to Dutch Harbor (not many trees but there is bear), then back to the Kenai. Lots of country like you describe in there.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Thanks,Glennallen or tok would be nice.Just want land 2ac river or 5-10 off river but close.Could i buy on river for say 35k? I would tent for many years before i build.I just want a nice lot before its all gone.

Thanks again.

wasillaguy: PM sent

Default Glennallen land

Remote Properties has 39.1 acres for sale.How close would good freshwater fishing be and what type of wildlife can i expect to see?

Thank's

Quote Originally Posted by cabin View Post
    Remote Properties has 39.1 acres for sale.How close would good freshwater fishing be and what type of wildlife can i expect to see?

Thank's
    You gotta tell people where the 39.1 acres is.... NE, Central, West, SE, ???

People can't answer with the tiny amount of info you're giving them!

Quote Originally Posted by KRS View Post
    You gotta tell people where the 39.1 acres is.... NE, Central, West, SE, ???

People can't answer with the tiny amount of info you're giving them!
    Sorry, it's in glennallen.

Sorry, it's in glennallen.
    Excellent homebase for freshwater fishing, the Copper and the streams flowing into it are easily amoung the top ten in the world. a hundred some miles away is some of the best saltwater fishing in the world.
    You'll have Grizz, blackbear, moose, wolfs and small game galore. Becoming a resident from there will get ya tags for the caribou. One of the two areas in AK with Buffalo by permit. Not many people living around there. Big mountains, Big country, not much employment opportunities. Cold mother and lots of snow in the winter. You don't need 40 acres. Buy 5 and ya get the rest of the state as pretty much your own

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    Excellent homebase for freshwater fishing, the Copper and the streams flowing into it are easily amoung the top ten in the world. a hundred some miles away is some of the best saltwater fishing in the world.
    You'll have Grizz, blackbear, moose, wolfs and small game galore. Becoming a resident from there will get ya tags for the caribou. One of the two areas in AK with Buffalo by permit. Not many people living around there. Big mountains, Big country, not much employment opportunities. Cold mother and lots of snow in the winter. You don't need 40 acres. Buy 5 and ya get the rest of the state as pretty much your own
    Thank you for the info.

Also is it so that the water table is high that people dont want to by land in glennallen?

Just want a 5wk a year summer place with great fishing.

BUMP. I understand my info lacks.But if any know GLENNALLEN please help me out ,good or bad.I would do the same to all here ...if ;Looking in FL.
    THANKS.

BUMP. I understand my info lacks.But if any know GLENNALLEN please help me out ,good or bad.I would do the same to all here ...if ;Looking in FL.
    THANKS.
    PM me with specific questions and I'll help ya.

Quote Originally Posted by dws View Post
    PM me with specific questions and I'll help ya.
    Thank's...dws.

Found that you need to build above in the glenn due to frost and fine with that,and it is a dry country for the most part.But no codes sweet.

Any towns close with the same...but cold ones for me and buddies.

I really like this forum ALOT.

IF any hike, golf ...put you in a PGA resort at my cost i would love to due so when in FL.Hiking let's go see some wildlife in the swamps.

Thank's...dws.

Found that you need to build above in the glenn due to frost and fine with that,and it is a dry country for the most part.But no codes sweet.

Any towns close with the same...but cold ones for me and buddies.
    Not sure if I understand what you're asking. No there are no towns close to Glennallen. If by cold ones you mean beer, there are liquor stores/ lodge bars on the highways.
    You don't need to be in a hurry to get land before it's all gone, no chance of that. I would recommend you buy nothing without looking at it in person though. Take a trip to the area and look around. I just spent 5 days over there and filled my freezer with Red and King Salmon for the winter