Thread: Paxon Lake open yet?

Default Paxon Lake open yet?

Has anyone been up by Paxon Lake? I am wondering if it's open yet. It's been a long time since I have been up there and always have enjoyed the laker's and the grayling. But I am sure like everything else, times have changed.

None the less, a lake report would be great. Thanks.
    Last edited by tzieli22; 05-26-2008 at 22:22. Reason: spelling

Not sure on Paxson Lake, but Lake Louise is still iced in. Many of the smaller lakes were free of ice, several were partially clear. Lake Louise had between 20 to 50 feet of open water at the perimeter depending on which way the wind was blowing. The ice was still pretty hard this past weekend, may take a week or two to open up.

Default open water

We were just getting ready to go to tangle lakes to do some laker fishing , I decided to call Tangle Lake Inn to check if ice was out they reported it wasn't but should be in about a week Good luck

Anyone made it up to Paxson lake yet? I'm sure the ice is out by now but wanted to check.

Default Ice is out

I can vouch that the ice is out... I think I may have seen one of those overhanging ice burgs on the shoreline as I drove past, but the rest of it is surely out! Hope it helps...

Just got back from there last week. No ice at all. Lakers were biting best close to shore. No more than 10 ft of water next to a shelf leading to deep water.

It helps. Normally I would not need to ask since I've been up there every year at this time for the past 5 years. This year everything seems to be late.

I suspect the water is low?

Drove by yesterday and all ice is gone. The river seemed pretty high down low at Sourdough and the Richardson bridge. Should be an easy float. It was pouring rain down there yesterday though, so it could be pumping mud from the Tangled area.