Thread: memorial weekend

Peters Creek, Alaska, United States, United States

Default memorial weekend

first i want to thank dave and the guys in the 22 foot hewes for coming from naked islands to elenor and letting me borrow there battery to get started back up. im going to start carrying a spare battery or a jumper kit from now on and its good to know there are people out there willing to help out a guy in need.

other than that it was a good weekend but pretty wet. no halibut but we limited on yelloweyes and caught some big lings that we let go. my youngest daughter caught about a 25 pounder that she hauled up all by herself and my son hauled up about a 40 pounder as i did as well. we fished lone with no results and upper knight with no luck on the halibut. my brother did catch a big sculpin ( i think its big anyway ) and i also hooked into a porpise that was a short lived battle and got my line guide tweaked. hope everyone had a good weekend and was safe and dry. also my 4 oz ultra minnows seem to attract the yelloweyes pretty well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Thanks for the report. It's always good to hear people helping each other out.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I like the looks of that jig! If you need some one to do some research and development on your jigs while you are working up north this summer, I can help you out with that.

COSTCO had the jumper boxes/compressor/light/inverter this past winter. I bought one with the thought of keeping it on the boat, but bought a honda 2000 to run the on demand hot water heater and recharge the batteries. It comes in handy now and again.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.