Thread: K.P. Brown Bear Permit holders!!!!

Default K.P. Brown Bear Permit holders!!!!

If you hold one of these permits, will you please go to Deville rd. and kill the bear that just (5:00 5/25/08) killed two moose calves and chased the cow into my yard. I guess the only thing that saved the cow from death was the fact that the bear ran into a truck during the chase. Anyway he is still around there eating the two calves. Be careful shooting though, there are about a dozen homes in the subdivision = 20+ kids that usually are playing in the fields and going back and forth between homes. I know it must be tough finding a bear to fill your tag, with only 300 of the poor little critters to choose from, so today is your lucky day. Thanks

P.S. If I was not at work, I would have already "taken the dog for walk"!

Default bear everywhere!

Bet if you were in an area the tourest couldn't drive by we could shoot two of them a year w/o a draw permit. My vote is we ship a few to the parks in all the cities down below, and let them live with them in the neighborhoods.

Default Too bad!

It's just too bad the driver of the truck didn't back up over it to see what he had hit, might have saved the next set of moose calves that RARE brown bear will eat today, tomorrow, ect...............Come on tag holders let's get those tags filled and not let them go to waste this is a great chance at that RARE Kenai Peninsula Brown bear and a good chance to help out a neighbor, some moose, chickens, horses, and other live stock, and lets not forget those joggers too!

I thought I just saw something recently about the current Kenai draw brown bear hunts had been closed by EO?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by shphtr View Post
    I thought I just saw something recently about the current Kenai draw brown bear hunts had been closed by EO?
    I wouldn't be surprised. It's closed if there are a certain number of Peninsula DLPs, bear fatalities by vehicular collision, or any other net loss. It has been closed by EO on a regular basis for several years now.

This was all decided as a result of the Interagency Brown Bear Team declaring Kenai Peninsula brown bears as an "Alaska population of special concern", whatever that means.

I doubt the feds dragged ADFG kicking and screaming to an "interagency" table, but you can be sure that the state will never get shut of this silliness, even if a more recent and better bear count showed that there are more than the estimated 277 bears on the Peninsula............