Thread: Sunday's moose by the road

Default Sunday's moose by the road

A few miles away from Big Delta, right next to the road as usual Used a rebel XT and a Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L prime. The moose is very young, and quite used to the traffic and people nearby. You can see some mosquitos around the moose. There were a few on my arms, too.

That's the Moose that the wife and I call "Harry". he sleeps a lot of the time in our front yard, and yes he is not afraid of people ........ be Aware of him
    "BUCK"

Great shots Ray!
    Dave

Thanks. And yes, I was watching it carefully since it was always moving in my direction, or toward other people there. I kept my distance from it.

I have noticed that this and other moose I have taken pictures of at that location are not in the best of health. This one is not necessarily skinny, but close to it. It was real hungry, too, eating the grass off the road's shoulder.

Thumbs up

Very nice pictures, and thanks for sharing them.

Very nice moose pics.

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Well done on the moose shots! I got a few moose shots last weekend while drifting Moose Creek ...unfortunitly we ended up between a cow and calf while we were on the water and we were at a stalemate for about an hour before they moved off. Pretty crazy!
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Quote Originally Posted by tull777 View Post
    Well done on the moose shots! I got a few moose shots last weekend while drifting Moose Creek ...unfortunitly we ended up between a cow and calf while we were on the water and we were at a stalemate for about an hour before they moved off. Pretty crazy!
    Cows with young calfs are quite grumpy right now I was driving on the Richardson yesterday, doing 65, and a lady passed me on her new Cadillac like I was standing still, then I see her brake lights in the distance, and a cow faking a charge to her car. It was kind of funny. The tiny calf (maybe a few hours old) got pretty close to the car when walking across the road, although the lady slowed down for the cow before she saw the calf. The caw was already across the road, and then turned around ready to charge the car. That's when she saw her calf just past the car, so she changed her mind and ran off with the calf behind.