Thread: Holy Spam!!!

Default Holy Spam!!!

Wow, theres been some people giving it the "old-college try" at doing some pretty good spamming on here recently. I can't remember if this site implements the "yes I'm a human being typing" thingy where you have to type letters or numbers from a very hard to read picture box?

Thumbs down Yuck

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Wow, theres been some people giving it the "old-college try" at doing some pretty good spamming on here recently. I can't remember if this site implements the "yes I'm a human being typing" thingy where you have to type letters or numbers from a very hard to read picture box?

This is the first time I have seen the intro thread get spammed like this. Then again I have only been on the site about a year now but I dont recall it getting spammed before. I do know the Mods will take care if it though, Im sure if we give it some time Dave and the gang will get it fixed
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default spam

The moderators told us we can help report spam threads by clicking on the red triangle in the upper right corner of each post> I just write "spam" in the report box and post my message.

Default Spammers

Yes....we do have a captcha....so the spammers we now get are of the human persuasion. One of the advantages of the forum software upgrade we just installed is a "kill `em all at once" feature. In the case of a link spammer that I knocked out this AM, I was able to delete 4 posts in one operation and ban him at the same time. This forum software "rocks".

David

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post

Default Spam reporting

The "report post" feature is especially helpful in the busier forums (like fishing) where there is enough traffic that we don't necessarily see troglodyte behavior immediately. We appreciate all reports that come in, and follow up on them asap.

David

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    The moderators told us we can help report spam threads by clicking on the red triangle in the upper right corner of each post> I just write "spam" in the report box and post my message.

Default Thanks Dave

I forgot about the spam reporting feature and I thank you for dispatching another hopeless spammer. I took one look at that junk and was like "what are these people talking about". Ill make sure to use the spam report next time
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Yeah we just had a new one ish0921, I reported his spam and when I refreshed the screen he was already gone.

Default Spammers

Spammers to the mods is kind of like a new species to hunt. No bag limits, no firearm restrictions, no permit required, just shoot em down.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Spammers to the mods is kind of like a new species to hunt. No bag limits, no firearm restrictions, no permit required, just shoot em down.
    But do you get that same rush that you get while sneaking in on your bear stand with bow in hand?
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default Not next time.

I was in tonight and someone left me a very large pile of spam!!! So yea, next time in could be a rush.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012