Thread: cheap outboard motors in/near juneau

Default cheap outboard motors in/near juneau

I plan on getting something relatively cheap to use for the summer for fishing. I am thinking about a small raft or skiff with a 2.5-15hp motor to just use on nice days near the auke bay area. Can anyone point me in the right direction to buy something like that or am I better off hitting up ebay? All info or advice is appreciated.

About all I can suggest is watch the classifieds in the Juneau Empire and Capital City Weekly. Willie's might be worth a look, also Rocky's in Petersburg.

Check www.craigslist.com the paper is a dead advertising media unless you are looking for a house or a brand new car!

Default also check

www.onlineaoutboards.com

I have found a few for sale on craigslist; but the folks selling them are awful proud of them. Asking about half the price of a brand new one, for one that is 20+ yrs old!

I would like to get one as well for my cataraft. If you come across a 4hp that you aren't interested in, let me know.

There are actually a few skiffs listed in the Juneau Empire today.

Call my brother Mike at http://www.alaskaboatbrokers.com and tell him what you are looking for. He will set you up with what you need.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...